Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Gateway laptop keyboard won't type all letters.

Gateway laptop keyboard won't type all letters.

TG

I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and re
install the keyboard driver.

Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to keep
installing disk until it works.

What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?

TIA

Terry

meerkat

"TG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and re
>install the keyboard driver.
>
> Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to
> keep installing disk until it works.
>
> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?

Sounds like you need another K/board, which you might be able
to obtain as a spare part on E-bay.
You could however check your Event Viewer to see if you have
any software related problems/errors showing up.
bw..

meerkat

"who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:27:09 -0700, "TG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and
>>re
>>install the keyboard driver.
>>
>>Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to
>>keep
>>installing disk until it works.
>>
>> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?
>>
>>TIA
>>

>>Terry
>>

> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?

Might be more for a laptop one W.

who'sthat

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:27:09 -0700, "TG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and re
>install the keyboard driver.
>
>Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to keep
>installing disk until it works.
>
> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?
>
>TIA
>

>Terry

What's a new keyboard, $10.00?

Blinky the Shark

who'sthat wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:27:09 -0700, "TG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and re
>>install the keyboard driver.
>>
>>Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to keep
>>installing disk until it works.
>>
>> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?
>>
>>TIA
>>

>>Terry
>>

> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?

Bought one for a laptop, lately? Some people use laptops portably.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

meerkat

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> who'sthat wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:27:09 -0700, "TG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>>>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and
>>>re
>>>install the keyboard driver.
>>>
>>>Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to
>>>keep
>>>installing disk until it works.
>>>
>>> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>

>>>Terry
>>>

>> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?

> Bought one for a laptop, lately? Some people use laptops portably.

Hiya big B.
And they carry them around as well <g>.

Fjiluk The Hogfish-Beater

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:39:44 +0000, meerkat wrote:

> "who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:27:09 -0700, "TG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>>>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and
>>>re
>>>install the keyboard driver.
>>>
>>>Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to
>>>keep
>>>installing disk until it works.
>>>
>>> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>

>>>Terry
>>>

>> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?
>>

> Might be more for a laptop one W.

20-30 bucks plus or minus a few. Replaced a couple so far.

who'sthat

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:07:45 -0400, Fjiluk The Hogfish-Beater
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:39:44 +0000, meerkat wrote:
>

>> "who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?
>>>

>> Might be more for a laptop one W.

>20-30 bucks plus or minus a few. Replaced a couple so far.

I'd look for one at a yard sale or pawn shop just to see if that's the
problem or take one home from work for one night. I think we've got 3
in the cellar (along with a couple of 14.4 modems)

Jerry G.

Most likely your keyboard is failing. You can order a new keyboard from
the Gateway support, or maybe find a used one on eBay. If you get used
one, there may be other faults. My preference is for a new one.

When you install the new keyboard, if there are still any faults, this
means that the fault is in the motherboard. You will not know until you
can try a known working keyboard.

--

Jerry G.

meerkat wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> who'sthat wrote:

>>> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?

>> Bought one for a laptop, lately? Some people use laptops portably.
>>

> Hiya big B.
> And they carry them around as well <g>.

Which makes it kind of cumbersome to use one of those $10 keyboards with
it.