Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Probstat Combination Objects and Persistence

Probstat Combination Objects and Persistence

dohertywa

Hi:

I'm working with probstat module which does an excellent job for the
project I'm working on.

I am passing the Combination objects I generate to generator functions
that allow me to scale down the results.

I am trying to find a way however to store the end resultant
Combination object. Try to pickle it, and Python segfaults.

I want to be able to store the Combination object at any point so I
may operate on it later without having to repeat previous work.

Any suggestions?

TVKIA,
Adam

Sidd

On Sep 16, 8:01 am, dohertywa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm working with probstat module which does an excellent job for the
> project I'm working on.
>
> I am passing the Combination objects I generate to generator functions
> that allow me to scale down the results.
>
> I am trying to find a way however to store the end resultant
> Combination object. Try to pickle it, and Python segfaults.
>
> I want to be able to store the Combination object at any point so I
> may operate on it later without having to repeat previous work.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TVKIA,
> Adam

You might want to take a look at this tutorial:http://www.ibm.com/
developerworks/library/l-pypers.html

dohertywa

On Sep 16, 3:11 pm, Sidd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 16, 8:01 am, dohertywa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Hi:

> > I'm working with probstat module which does an excellent job for the
> > project I'm working on.

> > I am passing the Combination objects I generate to generator functions
> > that allow me to scale down the results.

> > I am trying to find a way however to store the end resultant
> > Combination object. Try to pickle it, and Python segfaults.

> > I want to be able to store the Combination object at any point so I
> > may operate on it later without having to repeat previous work.

> > Any suggestions?

> > TVKIA,
> > Adam

> You might want to take a look at this tutorial:http://www.ibm.com/
> developerworks/library/l-pypers.html

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I've already read the
article and still find myself a bit of a loss as to a solution.