Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Installer

Windows Installer

pgcops@yahoo.com

Currently running windows 2000. Have 2 seperate user settings one for
myself and one for my wife. When my wife uses her setting to open any
attachment, photo etc. windows installer opens and runs for a 30
second period. On my side no such problem any thoughts?

Saneearth

> Currently running windows 2000. Have 2 seperate user settings one for
> myself and one for my wife. When my wife uses her setting to open any
> attachment, photo etc. windows installer opens and runs for a 30
> second period. On my side no such problem any thoughts?

What email program? Sometimes in Office/Outlook an installer will open the
first type a particular user uses a service. Could be you use the system
more and don't get this behavior anymore. Sounds like it may be more
program related than OS, but more detail would help.

pcbutts1

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...