Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Forums

Forums

Manu a.k.a. Vishesh

Hii all
i just wanna knw how can we create forums for our website using java
forums like here. threads are its synonyms

Manish Pandit

On Sep 16, 12:37 am, "Manu a.k.a. Vishesh" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hii all
> i just wanna knw how can we create forums for our website using java
> forums like here. threads are its synonyms

If you are looking for a message board/discussion board like software
in Java, you can look at JForum - http://www.jforum.net/. If you do
not care about the underlying technology, phpbb is extrenely common
(http://www.phpbb.com/), which is written in PHP.

-cheers,
Manish

Roedy Green

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 00:37:32 -0700, "Manu a.k.a. Vishesh"
who said :

>i just wanna knw how can we create forums for our website using java
>forums like here. threads are its synonyms

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/forum.html

Please avoid the word "wanna". It grates on the "ears". It is a word
spoiled children use to demand unreasonable favours here in Canada. It
is usually whined. The police once brought a child molester to me to
see if I could talk him out of molesting his 10 year old son. No
matter what I said he would reply "but I wanna".

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Manu a.k.a. Vishesh

To Mr. Roedy Green

seems u r too much obsessed with Canadians.. calm down I m not a
canadian..!
asnd if u insist, i will not use "wanna"..
well thanks for info....!!
Keep Smiling..!

Lew

Manu a.k.a. Vishesh wrote:

> To Mr. Roedy Green
>
> seems u r too much obsessed with Canadians.. calm down I m not a
> canadian..!

Rrrr?

--
Lew

Roedy Green

>seems u r too much obsessed with Canadians.. calm down I m not a
>canadian..!

I am merely allowing for the possibility my observation does not apply
elsewhere.

One of the amusing things I discovered early in life is the easiest
way to get someone screaming at the top of their lungs is to tell them
to calm down (even when they are already perfectly calm).

--

Roedy Green wrote:
>> seems u r too much obsessed with Canadians.. calm down I m not a
>> canadian..!

> I am merely allowing for the possibility my observation does not apply
> elsewhere.
>
> One of the amusing things I discovered early in life is the easiest
> way to get someone screaming at the top of their lungs is to tell them
> to calm down (even when they are already perfectly calm).

Perhaps Manu missed the "here in Canada" part of Roedy's post. Is a person
who lives in a country, being from that country, and concerned with their
local affairs or culture, "too much obsessed" with their homeland?

BTW. Manu, "u" should be spelled "you", "r" should be spelled "are", "I m"
should be spelled either "I'm" or "I am", "Canadian" should be capitalized,
either one period or one exclamation point suffices to end a sentence, and you
should reply to me on list, not privately.

--
Lew

Manu a.k.a. Vishesh

Well I guess that I had started this forum to know the ways to create
forums like this one in Java for my blog. But we have landed up in a
nationality dual. I just wanted to know a bit more about Java. That's
it.

Well, I suppose my grammar is correct now?

Andrew Thompson

Manu a.k.a. Vishesh wrote:
>Well I guess that I had started this forum to know the ways to create
>forums like this one in Java for my blog.

'This one' is usenet. It is not some dinky little web forum.
It is *represented* on a variety of web interfaces to usenet,
but it is still usenet.

>...But we have landed up in a
>nationality dual.

This has *nothing* to do with 'nationalities'*.

The only reason Roedy mentioned Canada, is because
he talks about what he is used to, and does not presume
that the standards that apply where he is, are the same
where(ver) you are.

>..I just wanted to know a bit more about Java. That's
>it.
>
>Well, I suppose my grammar is correct now?

You are now taking the effort to use correct grammar,
spelling an punctuation. Ironically, that makes your
first pathetic efforts *more* irritating.

We are prepared to make some allowances for people
who have a tough time understanding English. But if you
are fluent in English, yet cannot be bothered taking the
few more moments needed to make your message clear,
please don't waste our time or bandwidth.

Oh, and in case you have any doubts about the matter,
we will *not* want to hear about the launch of your new
forum. That would be considered off-topic spam by me,
and probably other contributors to this usenet newsgroup.

* I am just as irritated by your inane, juvenile language,
and I am from Australia. The other contributor to this
thread is from the United States.

And.. where the heck *are* you from? You might just as
likely have been a lazy teenager from America, Canada,
New Zealand or the United Kingdom, as far as I knew or
cared, from reading your initial post.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Manu a.k.a. Vishesh

On Sep 28, 11:48 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe> wrote:
> Manu a.k.a. Vishesh wrote:
> >Well I guess that I had started this forum to know the ways to create
> >forums like this one in Java for my blog.

> 'This one' is usenet. It is not some dinky little web forum.
> It is *represented* on a variety of web interfaces to usenet,
> but it is still usenet.
>
> >...But we have landed up in a
> >nationality dual.

> This has *nothing* to do with 'nationalities'*.
>
> The only reason Roedy mentioned Canada, is because
> he talks about what he is used to, and does not presume
> that the standards that apply where he is, are the same
> where(ver) you are.
>
> >..I just wanted to know a bit more about Java. That's
> >it.

> >Well, I suppose my grammar is correct now?

> You are now taking the effort to use correct grammar,
> spelling an punctuation. Ironically, that makes your
> first pathetic efforts *more* irritating.
>
> We are prepared to make some allowances for people
> who have a tough time understanding English. But if you
> are fluent in English, yet cannot be bothered taking the
> few more moments needed to make your message clear,
> please don't waste our time or bandwidth.
>
> Oh, and in case you have any doubts about the matter,
> we will *not* want to hear about the launch of your new
> forum. That would be considered off-topic spam by me,
> and probably other contributors to this usenet newsgroup.
>
> * I am just as irritated by your inane, juvenile language,
> and I am from Australia. The other contributor to this
> thread is from the United States.
>
> And.. where the heck *are* you from? You might just as
> likely have been a lazy teenager from America, Canada,
> New Zealand or the United Kingdom, as far as I knew or
> cared, from reading your initial post.
>
> --
> Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/

ha ha ha...
I love you guys...!
Well, I am from India, by the way!
And my english is far better then most of the above mentioned
countries 'Mate'!
I 'know' this is usenet group. And I don't think there is any
'Protocol for Grammar on Internet', so I will write in any fashion I
like. I hoped to get some more insight on programming rather then
quarreling. Thanks you all for your sincere efforts.

Supr.forums web forums stevene C++ 1 01-31-2007 05:46 AM
Infinity Customs - New Forums The Modfather The Lounge 20 12-05-2005 08:36 AM

Advertisments