Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > my computer wont start

my computer wont start

Rob

it comes to the screen where it says

do u want to go to the last known best configuration?
do u want to start in safe mode?
etc etc

any of these options wont do the trick, it just restarts the pc and comes
back to the same screen.

any ideas?

i dont have a boot up disk either

mikeFNB

i think you will need a CD rom copy of windows to sort this at the end of
the day.
but you could try the remote consol method, (search for it on the net) then
run scandisk or chkdsk.

my first thing would be to do a full virus scan though.
bagel & others produce such effects.

mike

news:aMiDd.478$(E-Mail Removed)...
> it comes to the screen where it says
>
> do u want to go to the last known best configuration?
> do u want to start in safe mode?
> etc etc
>
> any of these options wont do the trick, it just restarts the pc and comes
> back to the same screen.
>
> any ideas?
>
> i dont have a boot up disk either

Malke

Rob wrote:

> it comes to the screen where it says
>
> do u want to go to the last known best configuration?
> do u want to start in safe mode?
> etc etc
>
> any of these options wont do the trick, it just restarts the pc and
> comes back to the same screen.
>
> any ideas?
>
> i dont have a boot up disk either

This really doesn't have anything to do with wireless networking. You
will need a Windows XP cd unless your computer mftr. (laptop?) included
the Recovery Console in their installation. When you press F8 to get to
the Safe Mode, etc. screen, is there an entry for Recovery Console? If
so, take it and try:

chkdsk /r

If there is no entry for the Recovery Console, take the machine to a
good local computer repair shop (not a BestBuy or CompUSA type store)
or borrow an XP cd (matching your version - Home or Pro) from a friend.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers