Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop Dead

Laptop Dead

Sargeant Rutter

I have a Packard Bell easynote R1910 Laptop.
Theres, nothing on the screen at all. Power light on and fan whirrs but will
not boot at all! Tapping F8 does nothing, I cant even get safe mode.
Taken the battery out and tried with the mains lead only but still dead.
Any ideas??

SJP

"Sargeant Rutter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fcgnfl$rai$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Packard Bell easynote R1910 Laptop.
> Theres, nothing on the screen at all. Power light on and fan whirrs but
> will not boot at all! Tapping F8 does nothing, I cant even get safe mode.
> Taken the battery out and tried with the mains lead only but still dead.
> Any ideas??

Try connecting it to an external monitor?

Maybe the backlight has gone on the lcd

Mitch

In article <fcgnfl$rai$(E-Mail Removed)>, Sargeant Rutter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a Packard Bell easynote R1910 Laptop.
> Theres, nothing on the screen at all. Power light on and fan whirrs but will
> not boot at all! Tapping F8 does nothing, I cant even get safe mode.
> Taken the battery out and tried with the mains lead only but still dead.
> Any ideas??

Do you know how to reset the power manager?
That would be the next thing to try.

Sargeant Rutter

> Do you know how to reset the power manager?
> That would be the next thing to try.

No I dont, but I'll have a try at anything!

Mitch

In article <fcjg8h$gdo$(E-Mail Removed)>, Sargeant Rutter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Do you know how to reset the power manager?
> > That would be the next thing to try.

> No I dont, but I'll have a try at anything!

This is where you look that information up for your make/model of
laptop.
You are looking for "power manager," maybe "power controller."