Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A1066)

Reply
Thread Tools

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A1066)

 
 
akshar108
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2007
I m using Office 10.0 Com library for power point and for word application in
my Web application but when i run it through web server of web hosting site
that time it is throwing exception like following

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A1066)

can any one help me regarding this.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mark Rae [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2007
"akshar108" <u37462@uwe> wrote in message news:783f955f1cd23@uwe...

>I m using Office 10.0 Com library for power point and for word application
>in
> my Web application but when i run it through web server of web hosting
> site
> that time it is throwing exception like following
>
> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A1066)
>
> can any one help me regarding this.


Server-side Office automation isn't supported by Microsoft because, as you
have discovered, it doesn't work:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...US;q257757#kb2

Depending on what your exact requirements are, this will be your only
option:
http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspos...s/Default.aspx
http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspos...s/Default.aspx


--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
akshar108
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2007
but if i want to use free component then how can i count word of doc, ppt
files and do u know any technique for count word of pdf file in .net then
please say me

Mark Rae [MVP] wrote:
>>I m using Office 10.0 Com library for power point and for word application
>>in

>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>
>> can any one help me regarding this.

>
>Server-side Office automation isn't supported by Microsoft because, as you
>have discovered, it doesn't work:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default...US;q257757#kb2
>
>Depending on what your exact requirements are, this will be your only
>option:
>http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspos...s/Default.aspx
>http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspos...s/Default.aspx
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark Rae [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2007
"akshar108" <u37462@uwe> wrote in message news:7840ea68455d9@uwe...

>>Server-side Office automation isn't supported by Microsoft because, as you
>>have discovered, it doesn't work:
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default...US;q257757#kb2
>>
>>Depending on what your exact requirements are, this will be your only
>>option:
>>http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspos...s/Default.aspx
>>http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspos...s/Default.aspx


> but if i want to use free component then how can i count word of doc, ppt
> files and do u know any technique for count word of pdf file in .net then


You'll have to look for a free component to do this - I don't know of one...

However, Aspose will do everything you require...


--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP
http://www.markrae.net

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments