Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > programable shortcut key in windows?

programable shortcut key in windows?

Eric D

Hi,

In Firefox I'd like to press ["shift" 8], for example, and have that
cause some text to be entered in a window.

I'm pretty sure windows(xp) can do this but I'm not sure how or what
it's called.

thanks

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Eric D <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In Firefox I'd like to press ["shift" 8], for example, and have that
>cause some text to be entered in a window.
>
>I'm pretty sure windows(xp) can do this but I'm not sure how or what
>it's called.

Google: Macro Key

I use PowerPro for this http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

Others like autoit http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

--

SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml

Eric D

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 20:53:23 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Eric D <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>In Firefox I'd like to press ["shift" 8], for example, and have that
>>cause some text to be entered in a window.
>>
>>I'm pretty sure windows(xp) can do this but I'm not sure how or what
>>it's called.

>Google: Macro Key
>
>I use PowerPro for this http://powerpro.webeddie.com/
>
>Others like autoit http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/