Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Auto disable wireless connection upon docking

Auto disable wireless connection upon docking

=?Utf-8?B?UmF5bW9uZA==?=

We have many laptops in our organization the use wireless connections, they
also have docking stations with a LAN connection. When they hot dock they
are connected by both the wireless and the docking station. Is there a way
for Windows XP to turn off the wireless when they are docked but turn it back
on when the undock? I know you can set up hardware profiles but they will
hot undock and still need connectivity. We are running out of IP addresses
and we don't want to have to redo our IP scheme because of this. Any ideas??

Alan White

I just set up a new wireless network for my neighbour. When the computer is
connected by Cat 5, it automatically switches adapters. Wireless is
disabled and the Ethernet adapter becomes active. When the cable is
unplugged it automatically activates the wireless and connects.
Dell 700 - nice machine

news:(E-Mail Removed)...