Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need XP Hotfix 830987

Need XP Hotfix 830987

I have two Firewire cards in my PC and have identified that I need the
Hotfix 830987 mentioned in article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830987
You can not download this fix, you have to 'phone Microsoft for it. I have
tried this and the call went to an overseas call centre where the person I
spoke to spoke a local English dialect that I could barely understand. I
was asked a zillion questions, about the only thing they didn't want was a
copy of my DNA! The outcome was that they wouldn't let me have it because I
wasn't sitting in front of my home PC and couldn't ask machine specific
questions. The line opens after I leave my house in the morning a closes
before I return in the evening. I now face the prospect of taking a days
unpaid leave just to call them from home. If anyone has a copy of this
Hotfix they would be willing to email this would save a great deal of time
and expense. My email address for this is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).
Thank you.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have two Firewire cards in my PC and have identified that I need the
>Hotfix 830987 mentioned in article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830987
>You can not download this fix, you have to 'phone Microsoft for it. I have
>tried this and the call went to an overseas call centre where the person I
>spoke to spoke a local English dialect that I could barely understand. I
>was asked a zillion questions, about the only thing they didn't want was a
>copy of my DNA! The outcome was that they wouldn't let me have it because I
>wasn't sitting in front of my home PC and couldn't ask machine specific
>questions. The line opens after I leave my house in the morning a closes
>before I return in the evening. I now face the prospect of taking a days
>unpaid leave just to call them from home.

> If anyone has a copy of this
>Hotfix they would be willing to email this would save a great deal of time
>and expense.

Like something you would pay for huh...

Install SP2!! it fixes it, http://tinyurl.com/ywejft

Send me my money...

--

SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have two Firewire cards in my PC and have identified that I need the
>>Hotfix 830987 mentioned in article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830987
>>You can not download this fix, you have to 'phone Microsoft for it. I
>>have
>>tried this and the call went to an overseas call centre where the person I
>>spoke to spoke a local English dialect that I could barely understand. I
>>was asked a zillion questions, about the only thing they didn't want was a
>>copy of my DNA! The outcome was that they wouldn't let me have it because
>>wasn't sitting in front of my home PC and couldn't ask machine specific
>>questions. The line opens after I leave my house in the morning a closes
>>before I return in the evening. I now face the prospect of taking a days
>>unpaid leave just to call them from home.

>> If anyone has a copy of this
>>Hotfix they would be willing to email this would save a great deal of time
>>and expense.

> Like something you would pay for huh...
>
> Install SP2!! it fixes it, http://tinyurl.com/ywejft
>
> Send me my money...
>
> --
>
> SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
> http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml

This fix is free not paid for and SP2 doesn't fix it!

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> If anyone has a copy of this
>>>Hotfix they would be willing to email this would save a great deal of time
>>>and expense.

>> Like something you would pay for huh...

>> Install SP2!! it fixes it, http://tinyurl.com/ywejft

>> Send me my money...

>This fix is free not paid for and SP2 doesn't fix it!

But the work I put into it, <Wipes brow>, and the kids had to go
without their snacks!

oh ya:
STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft
products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This problem was
first corrected in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830987
--

SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Like something you would pay for huh...

>>> Install SP2!! it fixes it, http://tinyurl.com/ywejft

>>> Send me my money...

>>This fix is free not paid for and SP2 doesn't fix it!

> But the work I put into it, <Wipes brow>, and the kids had to go
> without their snacks!
>

> oh ya:
> STATUS
> Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft
> products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This problem was
> first corrected in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830987
> --
>
> SCO has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Hahahahahahaha
> http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/09/14/1948257.shtml

I stand corrected, trouble is I have SP2 installed and still have this
problem! Great news about SCO.