Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Back button doesn't work when it is a secure page returning to a non secure page

Back button doesn't work when it is a secure page returning to a non secure page

Miss Mary Miss Mary is offline
Junior Member

I work with a web site that has a donation page. This page is secure (https). When the user clicks the "back" button on this page, it does not work. It takes a few quick clicks to get back to the previous page, which originally was not a secure page (http).

My tekkie help people are telling me the back button does not work since it is going from a secure to a non-secure page. But I have pulled up other sites with the same setup, and their back buttons work fine.

I just want to understand the technical part of this and what I need to do to rectify it.

Any responses are welcome!

sean.archer sean.archer is offline
Junior Member

actually u shud not enable back button from an https. Instead u can put a back button in ur page

www.codepal.co.nr