Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Subsequent Porting Agreement

Reply
Thread Tools

Subsequent Porting Agreement

 
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-14-2007
Anyone aware of any business grade VoIP supplier that is able to
(im)port a BT number which currently terminates on a Cable phone line?

Not really wanting to port to BT & then out again - with a 12 month
minimum term, plus the BT installation charges, that's 270.97 per
line.....and there are three of them!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mr Man
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-14-2007
I'm not aware of any who can - and even porting them to BT won't allow
you to port them to a VoIP supplier.The Cable provider will still have
to do some work to point the number over, and i dont think any VoIP
companies have agreements with Telewest/NTL
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-14-2007
Mr Man submitted this idea :

>> Anyone aware of any business grade VoIP supplier that is able to (im)port a
>> BT number which currently terminates on a Cable phone line?
>>
>> Not really wanting to port to BT & then out again - with a 12 month minimum
>> term, plus the BT installation charges, that's 270.97 per line.....and
>> there are three of them!


> I'm not aware of any who can - and even porting them to BT won't allow you to
> port them to a VoIP supplier.The Cable provider will still have to do some
> work to point the number over, and i dont think any VoIP companies have
> agreements with Telewest/NTL


You misunderstand. The numbers *are* BT numbers, however, they have
been ported to NTL:Telewest Business.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Linker3000
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-14-2007
Jono wrote:
> Anyone aware of any business grade VoIP supplier that is able to
> (im)port a BT number which currently terminates on a Cable phone line?
>
> Not really wanting to port to BT & then out again - with a 12 month
> minimum term, plus the BT installation charges, that's 270.97 per
> line.....and there are three of them!
>
>

Dunno if it helps, but I am currently porting a 'BT' number currently
managed by a third party directly to voip.co.uk.

I had to get the company currently managing the number to fill in the
porting form quoting their 'BT Genius billing number' (the TP still has
to rent the line from BT).

Allegedly the port is going through OK, albeit slowly.

L3K
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-14-2007
Linker3000 formulated on Friday :
> Jono wrote:
>> Anyone aware of any business grade VoIP supplier that is able to (im)port a
>> BT number which currently terminates on a Cable phone line?
>>
>> Not really wanting to port to BT & then out again - with a 12 month minimum
>> term, plus the BT installation charges, that's 270.97 per line.....and
>> there are three of them!
>>
>>

> Dunno if it helps, but I am currently porting a 'BT' number currently managed
> by a third party directly to voip.co.uk.
>
> I had to get the company currently managing the number to fill in the porting
> form quoting their 'BT Genius billing number' (the TP still has to rent the
> line from BT).
>
> Allegedly the port is going through OK, albeit slowly.


In some ways it does.

If an ITSP can, indeed, port from a BTWS provider, I could organise
that instead. ie. Cable=>BTWS=>VoIP.

Doing it that way, I can avoid (41.15 x 4 x 3) worth of charges as
BTWS don't hold me to any minimum term for line rental, unlike BT
Retail.

Can Gradwell do a port from BTWS providing I give them our Genius Bill
number......I wonder?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Herman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-14-2007

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Linker3000 formulated on Friday :
>> Jono wrote:
>>> Anyone aware of any business grade VoIP supplier that is able to
>>> (im)port a BT number which currently terminates on a Cable phone line?
>>>
>>> Not really wanting to port to BT & then out again - with a 12 month
>>> minimum term, plus the BT installation charges, that's 270.97 per
>>> line.....and there are three of them!
>>>
>>>

>> Dunno if it helps, but I am currently porting a 'BT' number currently
>> managed by a third party directly to voip.co.uk.
>>
>> I had to get the company currently managing the number to fill in the
>> porting form quoting their 'BT Genius billing number' (the TP still has
>> to rent the line from BT).
>>
>> Allegedly the port is going through OK, albeit slowly.

>
> In some ways it does.
>
> If an ITSP can, indeed, port from a BTWS provider, I could organise that
> instead. ie. Cable=>BTWS=>VoIP.
>
> Doing it that way, I can avoid (41.15 x 4 x 3) worth of charges as BTWS
> don't hold me to any minimum term for line rental, unlike BT Retail.
>
> Can Gradwell do a port from BTWS providing I give them our Genius Bill
> number......I wonder?
>

Seem to remember Peter posting here a month or so ago saying that he would
soon be able to port vm numbers. If that is the case, then I guess it
should also then be possible to port ex-BT numbers from vm (subject of
course to vm managing to do it right first time...)


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-15-2007
Herman has brought this to us :
>> Can Gradwell do a port from BTWS providing I give them our Genius Bill
>> number......I wonder?
>>

> Seem to remember Peter posting here a month or so ago saying that he would
> soon be able to port vm numbers. If that is the case, then I guess it should
> also then be possible to port ex-BT numbers from vm (subject of course to vm
> managing to do it right first time...)


Yep.

However, I spoke to Peter's Technical Services yesterday & was told
categorically that the number would have to be ported back to BT first.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas Kenyon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-17-2007
Jono wrote:

>
> Can Gradwell do a port from BTWS providing I give them our Genius Bill
> number......I wonder?
>
>


They did for me, after lots of conversations with the BTWS provider and
gradwell, I guess it probably depends on how awkward the BTWS provider
wants to be.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-17-2007
Thomas Kenyon has brought this to us :
> Jono wrote:
>
>>
>> Can Gradwell do a port from BTWS providing I give them our Genius Bill
>> number......I wonder?
>>
>>

>
> They did for me, after lots of conversations with the BTWS provider and
> gradwell, I guess it probably depends on how awkward the BTWS provider
> wants to be.


Erm, I wouldn't be awkward with myself, at all!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canceling Subsequent events from page_load DazedAndConfused ASP .Net 4 09-23-2005 01:10 AM
Server error on first try, but succeeds in subsequent tries (accessing files)? Joergen Bech ASP .Net 0 06-30-2005 07:52 AM
project opens once then freezes on subsequent attempts to open =?Utf-8?B?aGRldg==?= ASP .Net 0 10-08-2004 07:05 PM
Page_Load Not Firing On Subsequent Views of the Page Guadala Harry ASP .Net 4 09-11-2004 07:36 AM
SmartNavigation doesn't work on first postback (but on all subsequent postbacks) Ryan Breakspear ASP .Net 0 11-18-2003 05:06 PM



Advertisments