Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MS busts a pirate (sorta)

MS busts a pirate (sorta)

JaR

Heh. There's some amusing stuff in this article.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/09/outlaw_pirates/

First off, it says:

" first came to light after Microsoft received a number of complaints
from Zoobon customers unhappy with the quality of the products they had
been sold."

However, a little later it claims:

"goods which were hard to distinguish from the genuine article."

Yup, that sounds about right. LOL!

Then they go on to:

" out-of-court settlement was reached with the individuals behind Zoobon,
under which they have ceased trading and given undertakings not to sell
counterfeit Microsoft software in the future. They have also paid very
substantial damages to Microsoft."

Woohoo! One down, umpteen bazillion to go.

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

Kline Sphere

>Woohoo! One down, umpteen bazillion to go.

I bet they're already back up and running operating out of some third
would sh*t hole.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the ether:

> I bet they're already back up and running operating out of some third
> would sh*t hole.

But...but...they "made undertakings" that they wouldn't do it any more!

LOfsckingELL!!ONE!!11

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

Phoenix cop busts septic tank truck........to much shiiiiiii..... richard Computer Support 6 01-30-2010 10:37 PM
OT Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day! C MCSE 15 09-20-2005 02:01 PM
XP PRO legit or pirate? Joe Computer Support 13 05-06-2004 12:57 AM
win32\pirate TM Computer Support 2 12-31-2003 08:13 PM
OT: Happy Talk like a pirate Day! Jtyc MCSE 6 09-19-2003 07:02 PM

Advertisments