Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Getting Session by SessionID (in a different context)

Getting Session by SessionID (in a different context)

patrick.nee.jr@gmail.com

I have a question about session state:

I have a complex application in which after logging into an ASP.Net
2.0 application using asp membership, a subsequent page passes the
SessionID to an embedded Flash component. This Flash component will
then talk to a Java component on the server. This Java component then
will contact a web page/service in ASP.Net, passing in the SessionID.

This Java call will be in a different HTTP context. So I need to get
the Session variables in the ASP.Net application based on the
SessionID. I cannot find any way to get the Session variables if I
know the SessionID.

I would very much like to leverage the ASP Sesion State architecture,
but cannot seem to resolve this problem.

Any ideas?

Patrick