Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Kingwin Modular 800W SLI

Kingwin Modular 800W SLI

Molecule

Does anyone have this PSU? Building a system and was wondering if I should
steer away from this well know company.
Good reviews on the net though.
It says it is 70% efficent, what exactly do they mean?
Would really like a modular PSU and 800w +, any suggestion?
Many thanks

Molecule

Edited

> Does anyone have this PSU? Building a system and was wondering if I should
> steer away from this less known company.
> Good reviews on the net though.
> It says it is 70% efficent, what exactly do they mean?
> Would really like a modular PSU and 800w +, any suggestion?
> Many thanks

Mitch

In article <8iuGi.6472$(E-Mail Removed)>, Molecule
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone have this PSU? Building a system and was wondering if I should
> steer away from this well know company.
> Good reviews on the net though.
> It says it is 70% efficent, what exactly do they mean?

Efficiency means less of the incoming power is lost to heat and noise.
Higher numbers are better, but you may not be able to get that detail
from others.
See if Kingwin says what they measured other PSUs to be.

wisdomkiller & pain

Molecule wrote:

> Does anyone have this PSU? Building a system and was wondering if I should
> steer away from this well know company.
> Good reviews on the net though.
> It says it is 70% efficent, what exactly do they mean?
> Would really like a modular PSU and 800w +, any suggestion?
> Many thanks

70% effectiveness means, for every 100 watts input you'll get 70 out as
current, the remainder as heat. Now, that probably only is valid for
optimal load (maybe 70-90%), while otherwise the efficiency will decrease -
to exactly 0 % without load, as an example.
Efficiency is 0 % as well, when you are leaving your computer on for
prolonged times without using it.