Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > active x

active x

jinxy

Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to get IE 6 to stop blocking active
X ?. I have tried the security tab in tools but, when I retry the
page, all I get is a yellow message bar that says security settings
are blocking Active X click here for options but there are no options
just "about information bar".When you click on that it open a help
window that says to change setting do this and that. Tried them all
and still blocking. I am running XP home sp2. I sure could use some
help with this, as it is really starting to **** me off. thank you
for
your efforts in advance.-J

Pen

jinxy wrote:
> Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to get IE 6 to stop blocking active
> X ?. I have tried the security tab in tools but, when I retry the
> page, all I get is a yellow message bar that says security settings
> are blocking Active X click here for options but there are no options
> just "about information bar".When you click on that it open a help
> window that says to change setting do this and that. Tried them all
> and still blocking. I am running XP home sp2. I sure could use some
> help with this, as it is really starting to **** me off. thank you
> for
> your efforts in advance.-J

The activeX controls are found at
tools\Internet Options\Security\custom\ActiveX

jinxy

On Sep 13, 8:06 pm, Pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> jinxy wrote:
> > Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to get IE 6 to stop blocking active
> > X ?. I have tried the security tab in tools but, when I retry the
> > page, all I get is a yellow message bar that says security settings
> > are blocking Active X click here for options but there are no options
> > just "about information bar".When you click on that it open a help
> > window that says to change setting do this and that. Tried them all
> > and still blocking. I am running XP home sp2. I sure could use some
> > help with this, as it is really starting to **** me off. thank you
> > for
> > your efforts in advance.-J

> The activeX controls are found at
> tools\Internet Options\Security\custom\ActiveX

Pen, I have tried all of the secutity settings and still no go.
Someone suggested switching to IE7 as this solved their active x
problems. Ever heard of that solution? If I don't get anymore feeback
on this post I may give it a try.
-J

Pen

jinxy wrote:
> On Sep 13, 8:06 pm, Pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> jinxy wrote:
>>> Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to get IE 6 to stop blocking active
>>> X ?. I have tried the security tab in tools but, when I retry the
>>> page, all I get is a yellow message bar that says security settings
>>> are blocking Active X click here for options but there are no options
>>> just "about information bar".When you click on that it open a help
>>> window that says to change setting do this and that. Tried them all
>>> and still blocking. I am running XP home sp2. I sure could use some
>>> help with this, as it is really starting to **** me off. thank you
>>> for
>>> your efforts in advance.-J

>> The activeX controls are found at
>> tools\Internet Options\Security\custom\ActiveX

> Pen, I have tried all of the secutity settings and still no go.
> Someone suggested switching to IE7 as this solved their active x
> problems. Ever heard of that solution? If I don't get anymore feeback
> on this post I may give it a try.
> -J

I think your best bet now is go to a Microsoft IE6 group.
They can be found on the msnews.microsoft.com server.
Try microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup

jinxy

On Sep 13, 8:54 pm, Pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> jinxy wrote:
> >> The activeX controls are found at
> >> tools\Internet Options\Security\custom\ActiveX

> > Pen, I have tried all of the secutity settings and still no go.
> > Someone suggested switching to IE7 as this solved their active x
> > problems. Ever heard of that solution? If I don't get anymore feeback
> > on this post I may give it a try.
> > -J

> I think your best bet now is go to a Microsoft IE6 group.
> They can be found on the msnews.microsoft.com server.
> Try microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup- Hide quoted text -

Will do, Cheers!

miki

"jinxy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to get IE 6 to stop blocking active
> X ?. I have tried the security tab in tools but, when I retry the
> page, all I get is a yellow message bar that says security settings
> are blocking Active X click here for options but there are no options
> just "about information bar".When you click on that it open a help
> window that says to change setting do this and that. Tried them all
> and still blocking. I am running XP home sp2. I sure could use some
> help with this, as it is really starting to **** me off. thank you
> for
> your efforts in advance.-J

What does your dxdiag analysis tool have to say ?
Start>Run>dxdiag>Input.