Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > I cant seem to set up my wirless network

I cant seem to set up my wirless network

Jim

"JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Jim,
>
> How would I find this out-doesnt seem to be under ipconfig?
>
> Thanks
>
> James

The command should be ipconfig/all.
Jim

> "Jim" wrote:
>
>> Replies inline
>> Jim
>> "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Ethernet
>> > adapter Local area connection:
>> >
>> > Media State...Media disconnected

>> > Etherent adpater Wirless Network Connection:
>> > Connection specific DNS Suffix-Myhome.westell.com

>> On my working system, this item is blank
>> > IP address...192.168.1.47
>> > Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
>> > Default Gateway...192.168.1.1

>> You have left off whether Dhcp is enabled or not
>> Is autoconfiguration enabled?
>> You have left out the DHCP server address, but it surely is 192.168.1.1
>> What are the DNS Servers?
>>

>> > Thanks for your time
>> >
>> > James

=?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=

Jim,

DHCP enabled
Autoconfig enabled
DHCP address 192.168.1.1
DNS same as above

Cheers

James

"Jim" wrote:

> "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > How would I find this out-doesnt seem to be under ipconfig?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > James

> The command should be ipconfig/all.
> Jim
> >
> > "Jim" wrote:
> >
> >> Replies inline
> >> Jim
> >> "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> On my working system, this item is blank
> >> You have left off whether Dhcp is enabled or not
> >> Is autoconfiguration enabled?
> >> You have left out the DHCP server address, but it surely is 192.168.1.1
> >> What are the DNS Servers?

Jim

"JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jim,
>
> DHCP enabled
> Autoconfig enabled
> DHCP address 192.168.1.1
> DNS same as above
>
> Cheers
>
> James
>

> "Jim" wrote:
>

>> "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi Jim,
>> >
>> > How would I find this out-doesnt seem to be under ipconfig?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > James

>> The command should be ipconfig/all.
>> Jim

Those look OK; however, the value of "Connection-specific DNS suffix" looks
questionable. On my system, the value is blank.

On my system, the "Primary DNS suffix" is blank.
The node type should be "Hybrid"

And, do you have values for DNS Servers? I use the servers from my ISP.

Jim

=?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=

Jim,

Primary DNS Suffix is blank
Node type-unknown
DNS Servers 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.1

James

"Jim" wrote:

> "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Jim,
> >
> > DHCP enabled
> > Autoconfig enabled
> > DHCP address 192.168.1.1
> > DNS same as above
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > James
> >

> > "Jim" wrote:
> >

> >> "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> The command should be ipconfig/all.
> >> Jim

> Those look OK; however, the value of "Connection-specific DNS suffix" looks
> questionable. On my system, the value is blank.
>
> On my system, the "Primary DNS suffix" is blank.
> The node type should be "Hybrid"
>
> And, do you have values for DNS Servers? I use the servers from my ISP.
>
> Jim

=?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=

Jim,

IMPORTANT BREAKTHROUGH-
I set up my pc laptop with MSHOME network settings-with pc laptop tunred on
my macbook could read its shared itunes library and my dell desktop could
read pc laptops shared itunes library. However, when PC laptop turned off,
Dell Desktop and Macbook could not see any shared library-this must mean my
PC laptop must be set up correctly but the problem must be something to do
with teh MacBook and desktop seeing each other.

James

"Jim" wrote:

> "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Jim,
> >
> > DHCP enabled
> > Autoconfig enabled
> > DHCP address 192.168.1.1
> > DNS same as above
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > James
> >

> > "Jim" wrote:
> >

> >> "JP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> The command should be ipconfig/all.
> >> Jim

> Those look OK; however, the value of "Connection-specific DNS suffix" looks
> questionable. On my system, the value is blank.
>
> On my system, the "Primary DNS suffix" is blank.
> The node type should be "Hybrid"
>
> And, do you have values for DNS Servers? I use the servers from my ISP.
>
> Jim

=?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=

Jim,

Since my last succes getting shared libraries between my macbook and laptop
pc-I have managed to connect my mac book to my dell desktop and access files,
hooray, however only after I had turned off intrusion and firewall in norton
internet security as well as ensuring Windows Firewall off-how can I get it
now to allow access from my mac-I set them for off for 15 minutes and guess
what, my connection failed after 15 minutes. Also how to I now access the
printer connected to my desktop so I can print from mac book through desktop
and onto printer.

James