Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > passed the 70-290

passed the 70-290

Bob

After many years of Windows NT experience I studied the Microsoft Self-Paced
Training Kit and barely passed the test, but did pass it on the first attempt.

There were a few questions that I was unprepared for:

Terminal server licensing: turns out there is an Appendix A at the back of the
book that I didn't notice that covers terminal server. There was one question
on licensing and another on restricting connections or not allowing disconnects
and I had to guess on both of them.

VBS: I am an experienced programmer and I had to read that VB script very
carefully to find what I thought was the correct answer. I don't think I would
suggest that someone study just for that question, make a guess and hope you get
enough of the other questions right.

IIS: Know how to backup and restore the settings.

I guess I'll stop there to make sure I don't overstep the non-disclosure.
Anyway, I'm glad to have it behind me.