Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to pass parameters to another web page from a java applet?

How to pass parameters to another web page from a java applet?

iherage@gmail.com

Hi,

I have a java applet program in one web page, after processing some
data, I want to the applet to open a new web page and pass parameters
to that page too.

Does anyone know how to archive this?

Thank you!

Andrew Thompson

>I have a java applet program in one web page, ..

Bad idea.

>..after processing some
>data, I want to the applet to open a new web page and pass parameters
>to that page too.
>
>Does anyone know how to archive this?

// might work, if the browser feels the heck like it..
applet.getContext().showDocument(URL)

(And that word is 'achieve', which is quite distinct
from the meaning of 'archive'.)

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Roedy Green

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:41:04 -0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>I have a java applet program in one web page, after processing some
>data, I want to the applet to open a new web page and pass parameters
>to that page too.
>
>Does anyone know how to archive this?

There is no mechanism I know of to pass parameters to an HTML web page
other than to embed them in that page.

Getting some help from a servlet may be needed. Your Applet sends the
parameters back to the servlet which them embeds them in a web page
and sends it back.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Real Gagnon

> I have a java applet program in one web page, after processing some
> data, I want to the applet to open a new web page and pass parameters
> to that page too.

"Send a message from an Applet to another Applet on a different page"
http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0041.html

Bye.
--
Real Gagnon from Quebec, Canada
* Java, Javascript, VBScript and PowerBuilder code snippets

Richard Maher

> "Send a message from an Applet to another Applet on a different page"
> http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0041.html

Cool!

FWIW, if the OP was using Framesets then the original Applet and and
Javascript variables/functions would still be available to the new page in a
different Frame.

Cheers Richard Maher.

news:Xns99AAB7408872Brealhowtowwwrgagnonc@140.99.9 9.130...