Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Looking for ideas/samples for showing/hiding frames at run time.

Looking for ideas/samples for showing/hiding frames at run time.

Eric Hohnbaum

The client would love their app to work just like Visual Studio with
auto-hide panels, but that's not realistic. I am, however looking for ideas
or samples on how to make the user able to show and hide a frame on demand.
The app is currently using HTML frames and any solution that doesnt involve
ripping them out is best. I'll condider other techniques but that would
mean a higher price quote that might not get approved.

Thanks.

Mark Fitzpatrick

I would use the third-party panels out there, such as radSplitter by Telerik
(http://www.telerik.com/products/aspn...overview.aspx),
ComponentArt's splitter(http://www.componentart.com/webui/splitter.aspx), or
ComponentOne's WebSplitter
(http://www.componentone.com/Products...seASPNET.aspx). These
are all way more effective and easy to maintain then frames.

--
Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

having a problem with scrolling frames as if no frames surfunbear@yahoo.com HTML 0 03-08-2006 09:54 PM
Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments