Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > UMTS PCMCIA Novatel Merlin U530

UMTS PCMCIA Novatel Merlin U530

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=

Hello,
I purchased a wireless gsm-card PCMCIA Novatel Merlin U530
On the CD there is only a simple "lucent.exe" installing some connect
software.
I installed this, but whenever I slip in the card, Windows XP Professional
wants the driver for the card.
My dealer insists, that the dirver comes with the connect software, says on
other pc the card doesnt make any problem. So the problem is with my Windows
?
Could it be, that there is a service necessary to be started using PCMCIA
cards ? The laptop has a wireless LAN network card too. Could this cause the
trouble ?

Frank