Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Webform doesn't fit in small screens

Webform doesn't fit in small screens

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

Hi,
I've developed an application a wide screen with high resolution, but when I
ran it in a normal screens the form doesn't appear entirely (the controls at
the right side on the screen are cut off).
how can I make my application standard for all screens?

Thanks

--
Regards,
M.Rochdi

Alexey Smirnov

On Sep 12, 10:24 am, Mike <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've developed an application a wide screen with high resolution, but when I
> ran it in a normal screens the form doesn't appear entirely (the controls at
> the right side on the screen are cut off).
> how can I make my application standard for all screens?

Mike, take the lowest resolution (1024x768, or 800x600) as a standard
and use it to create the webforms. You can also try to make different
layout based on the client resolution. Look at the following tip to
http://www.devcity.net/Articles/64/1...esolution.aspx

Mark Rae [MVP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I've developed an application a wide screen with high resolution, but when
> ran it in a normal screens the form doesn't appear entirely (the controls
> at
> the right side on the screen are cut off).
> how can I make my application standard for all screens?

Decide which is the lowest screen resolution which you will support - I go
for 1024*768 these days - and then redesign your web forms accordingly.

I usually show a message on startup if the screen resolution is lower than
that...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP