Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How can I work on VIM for python code such as cscope for C code?

How can I work on VIM for python code such as cscope for C code?

Evan

Hi, guys ~~

How can i work on VIM for python code? I use cscope plugin on VIM for
C code before, it helps me to different function and search C
variable where it is defined.

I'm now starting to learn python, and I'd like to know how works on
VIM.

I saw that the VIM is support python such as syntax highlighting,
autocmd,etc. but I really want to know if it can work with TAG.

Do I need to downlaod other software/plugin?

Thanks,

Joe Riopel

On 9/12/07, Evan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, guys ~~
>
> How can i work on VIM for python code? I use cscope plugin on VIM for
> C code before, it helps me to different function and search C
> variable where it is defined.

Change to the top level directory that contains your python source
files, and do
find -name '*.py' > cscope.files
cscope -b

Then it should work.

> Do I need to downlaod other software/plugin?

You might, if do you not have the cscope_maps.vim plugin. If not you
can get it http://cscope.sourceforge.net/cscope_vim_tutorial.html and
just put it in your vim plugins directory.