Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco ASA 5520 VPN Client Question

Cisco ASA 5520 VPN Client Question

Bryan

Hello all,

I have a ASA 5200 box that I've configured for client VPN
connections. I have it set up to hand out DHCP addresses for the
network that the box is connected to on the inside. When I connect to
the box with Cisco client software, everything works fine and the box
assigns me an IP address from the DHCP pool. Below is what my routes
look like after connecting to the ASA 5520:

Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags
Metric Ref Use Iface
192.168.101.253 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 UH
0 0 0 eth0
192.168.111.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U
0 0 0 cipsec0
0.0.0.0 192.168.111.1 0.0.0.0
UG 0 0 0 cipsec0

However, once I'm connected via the tunnel, I cannot get to any boxes
on the inside network. I have a test web server set up on the inside
network that is configured with an address on the same subnet of the
address assigned to the VPN client. I try and go to this box and I
can't get there, my browser times out. It seems odd to me that the
default gateway of the client is itself, as I would have figured it
would be the IP address of the ASA 5520 box. I considered adding a
static route in the 5520's configuration, but I'm not going to a
different network a static route wouldn't apply in this case. I
looked through the 5520's configuration options, but did not see
anything for configuring the gateway address to hand out to clients.

Any suggestions on this problem? Thanks! -- BTR