Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Nvidia ForceWare Release 163.67 BETA

Nvidia ForceWare Release 163.67 BETA

Jud Hendrix

Windows XP x64, Server 2003 x64
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_163.67.html
# Beta driver release.
# This driver supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology on Microsoft®
DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.1 support.
# Improved compatibility for Crysis and BioShock.
# Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the
release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations,
driver fixes and known compatibility issues.

Windows Vista 64-bit
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_163.67.html
# Beta driver release.
# This driver supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology on DirectX 9,
DirectX 10, and OpenGL for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
# Improved compatibility for Crysis and BioShock.
# Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the
release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations,
driver fixes and known compatibility issues.

=?Utf-8?B?THVja3kgQWw=?=

My technical expert recommends not using beta drivers because of their
generic nature. If microsoft was comfortable with them, they would have
passed them on as Windows updates. You have to go through a complex set of
steps in order to install them.