Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Job opportunities in Palo Alto, CA

Reply
Thread Tools

Job opportunities in Palo Alto, CA

 
 
happymaryellen@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2007
VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software for industry-
standard computers, is seeking a senior software engineer to help
design and develop next generation tools for converting physical
machines to virtual machines, and to provide ways to file system
modification utilities like backup and patch management in a scalable
manner.

Responsibilities
Design and develop utilities for exposing and editing Windows and
Linux file systems.
Create scalable framework for converting physical machines to virtual
machines and back.
Design and develop infrastructure for performing various system
updates on virtual machines.
Design and develop tools for large scale virtual machine backup &
restore.

Requirements:
Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 7 years of industry experience with at least 3 years in a
technical leadership position
Industry experience in C/C++
Strong systems software background in either Windows(preferred) or
Unix
Experience writing multithreaded code
Understanding of Networking concepts
Understanding of the Windows or Linux boot process (recommended)
Experience working with file systems and file system drivers
(recommended)
Experience with C#, .Net, VisualBasic (recommended)
Experience with patch management, backup software (recommended).
Understanding of Distributed systems (recommended)
Experience reverse engineering Windows undocumented functionality
(recommended)
Contact Maryellen O'Connell at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) for more
information.
650-812-6614

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Victor Bazarov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software for industry-
> standard computers, is seeking [..]


Wow... I thought that at least industry standard software suppliers
refrain from spamming Usenet... I guess I was wrong.

V
--
Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
red floyd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2007
[spam redacted]

A copy of this has been sent to (E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed) and
(E-Mail Removed) [guesses, since they don't have addresses on the
website], along with a complaint.
 
Reply With Quote
 
red floyd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2007
red floyd wrote:
> [spam redacted]
>
> A copy of this has been sent to (E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed) and
> (E-Mail Removed) [guesses, since they don't have addresses on the
> website], along with a complaint.


As a side note: When it's it's possible to determine the company in
question, I recommend many people do the same thing. Maybe then they
will get the idea.

If it's a company employee, I also mention that I'm sure they are
"pleased" with the employee bringing disrepute onto the company, and am
sure they will "reward" him/her accordingly.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Maryellen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2007
On Sep 10, 2:49 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software for industry-
> > standard computers, is seeking [..]

>
> Wow... I thought that at least industry standard software suppliers
> refrain from spamming Usenet... I guess I was wrong.
>
> V
> --
> Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
> I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask


Victor,
My error, I searched for protocols on this site as best I could and I
could not find them.
Please forgive my missing it.
Contrary to some people's opinion, I am not a bad person, just a
little slow technically.
a common end-user, not a technie.
Maryellen

 
Reply With Quote
 
red floyd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-11-2007
Maryellen wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2:49 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software for industry-
>>> standard computers, is seeking [..]

>> Wow... I thought that at least industry standard software suppliers
>> refrain from spamming Usenet... I guess I was wrong.
>>
>> V
>> --
>> Please remove capital 'A's when replying by e-mail
>> I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask

>
> Victor,
> My error, I searched for protocols on this site as best I could and I
> could not find them.
> Please forgive my missing it.
> Contrary to some people's opinion, I am not a bad person, just a
> little slow technically.
> a common end-user, not a technie.
> Maryellen
>


Maryellen,

I apologize if I came off as brusque and rude earlier. I certainly
didn't mean to imply that you were a bad person.

My point is that posting the welcome or FAQ to the location on Google
isn't relevant. Usenet is not Google, they merely provide a web-based
reader.

In general, it's good to follow a group for a little bit before posting.
You can find the FAQs at the link I provided in my original email, but
here they are, in particular the netiquette:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite (FAQs)
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html (Netiquette).

Thank for responding to this group, and again, I'm sorry if you
misinterpreted my mail.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Java Engineer for relocation to Palo Alto, USA wise-men Java 0 03-11-2008 01:42 PM
Java Engineer for relocation to Palo Alto, CA wise-men Java 0 12-24-2007 12:57 PM
Anyone here commute 101 North by Ikea in East Palo Alto, California? Evan Platt Computer Support 5 04-28-2007 02:27 AM
Sr. Staff Engineer opportunity in Palo Alto Maryellen C++ 1 03-21-2007 09:33 PM



Advertisments