Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Truphone and Voxalot?

Truphone and Voxalot?

AntiSpamBloke

Anyone managed to get Voxalot to call forward to Truphone SIP address?

Many thanks

--
AntiSpamBloke
'From' address is a spamtrap.

Brian A

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:31:35 +0100, "AntiSpamBloke"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone managed to get Voxalot to call forward to Truphone SIP address?
>
>Many thanks

I haven't because I haven't got a truphone account.
Are you trying to call a Truphone 07 number? If so, and you are
getting problems, that could be due to the provider you are using to
place your call. Sometimes I've contacted providers and told tham that
I couldn't call a number type and they've added it in to their list.
Alternatively, do they give you a SIP number?
I checked out the Sipbroker listings and Truphone isn't listed.
If it was you could try access that way.
I can see the attraction of Truphone, so I'll be interested to see how
you go with this. The problem with the voxalot callback, alternative,
is that you need to access the Net to make it work. Sometimes, depite
having an appropriate mobile phone, it isn't always possible to get
internet provision from some providers, on PAYG, in some countries, so
voxalot callback becomes unusable. I guess that this is one reason why
you are using Truphone.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.
---

Brian A

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:42:05 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:31:35 +0100, "AntiSpamBloke"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Anyone managed to get Voxalot to call forward to Truphone SIP address?
>>
>>Many thanks

>I haven't because I haven't got a truphone account.
>Are you trying to call a Truphone 07 number? If so, and you are
>getting problems, that could be due to the provider you are using to
>place your call. Sometimes I've contacted providers and told tham that
>I couldn't call a number type and they've added it in to their list.
>Alternatively, do they give you a SIP number?
>I checked out the Sipbroker listings and Truphone isn't listed.
>If it was you could try access that way.
>I can see the attraction of Truphone, so I'll be interested to see how
>you go with this. The problem with the voxalot callback, alternative,
>is that you need to access the Net to make it work. Sometimes, depite
>having an appropriate mobile phone, it isn't always possible to get
>internet provision from some providers, on PAYG, in some countries, so
>voxalot callback becomes unusable. I guess that this is one reason why
>you are using Truphone.

You might find this article of interest.
http://www.goebel.net/technews/2007/...one-calls.html
---