Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How do I call an Oracle procedure from a VS 2005 ObjectDataSource?

How do I call an Oracle procedure from a VS 2005 ObjectDataSource?

Steve Kershaw

Hi,

I need to call an Oracle procedure from an ObjectDataSource so I can
"Commit" the changes to the database. While using a TableAdapter is
great for retrieveing data (select * from mytable) for example, but
updating and inserting into an oracle table is difficult in a
TableAdapter because of the requirement to Commit; the changes and
TableAdapters will only compile SQL (versus PL/SQL) commands.

Can anybody help me in this?

Thanks so much
Steve

Steve Kershaw

On Sep 10, 11:40 am, Steve Kershaw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to call an Oracle procedure from an ObjectDataSource so I can
> "Commit" the changes to the database. While using a TableAdapter is
> great for retrieveing data (select * from mytable) for example, but
> updating and inserting into an oracle table is difficult in a
> TableAdapter because of the requirement to Commit; the changes and
> TableAdapters will only compile SQL (versus PL/SQL) commands.
>
> Can anybody help me in this?
>
> Thanks so much
> Steve

Did I use a bad word "Oracle"?!

Common people! You are the experts and you have helped me out many
times before! Now it seems that nobody knows anything about VS 2005 -
Oracle?!

Thanks

Steve