Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > remote desktop connections w/vista

Reply
Thread Tools

remote desktop connections w/vista

 
 
deno
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2007
I'm reading about this in vista "windows help." I have a freind
150 miles from me who also, like me, runs vista home premium who
needs help with her computer.

Apparently I can't help her using remote desktop because we have
home premium version?

Thanks,
deno
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:53:35 -0500, deno wrote:

>I'm reading about this in vista "windows help." I have a freind
>150 miles from me who also, like me, runs vista home premium who
>needs help with her computer.


Posted before in 24HSHD
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ns/choose.mspx
Differences in versions.

>Apparently I can't help her using remote desktop because we have
>home premium version?


RDC only in Business and Ultimate.

This of course doesn't stop you using any of the other remote control
products, search 24HSHD again.
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics
the 4 I remember are (using the first 2 myself)

DameWare Mini Remote Control (trial , not free) www.dameware.com

RealVNC www.realvnc.com , I use the VNC Personal Edition as it has
encryption (not free), there is a free version without encryption.

pcAnywhere (not free)
http://www.symantec.com/norton/produ...pf&pvid=pca121

TightVNC www.tightvnc.com

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PeeCee
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2007

"deno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0240ec50$0$15808$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm reading about this in vista "windows help." I have a freind 150 miles
> from me who also, like me, runs vista home premium who needs help with her
> computer.
>
> Apparently I can't help her using remote desktop because we have home
> premium version?
>
> Thanks,
> deno


deno

If all you want is to remotely access/control your friends PC then just get
a free account at www.logmein.com.

The free account doesn't let you drag file from the remote PC to your PC or
to print from the remote PC on your local printer. Other than that once it's
set up you can do anything you can do with Remote Desktop, and, you don't
have to fiddle with ports settings in broadband routers.

Best
Paul.


 
Reply With Quote
 
deno
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-12-2007
PeeCee wrote:
> "deno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0240ec50$0$15808$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm reading about this in vista "windows help." I have a freind 150 miles
>> from me who also, like me, runs vista home premium who needs help with her
>> computer.
>>
>> Apparently I can't help her using remote desktop because we have home
>> premium version?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> deno

>
> deno
>
> If all you want is to remotely access/control your friends PC then just get
> a free account at www.logmein.com.
>
> The free account doesn't let you drag file from the remote PC to your PC or
> to print from the remote PC on your local printer. Other than that once it's
> set up you can do anything you can do with Remote Desktop, and, you don't
> have to fiddle with ports settings in broadband routers.
>
> Best
> Paul.
>
>



Thanks you guys, all of you much appreciated.

deno
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Remote Desktop Connections David Perrott Computer Support 2 11-07-2007 09:22 PM
64-bit vs 32-bit Remote Desktop Connections David L. West Windows 64bit 5 01-13-2007 06:34 AM
Remote Desktop connections work with 802.1X Authentication =?Utf-8?B?V29vZHN0b2s=?= Wireless Networking 1 05-09-2006 04:32 PM
Remote desktop connections Richard Miller Computer Support 5 04-12-2006 11:41 AM
Difference between Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop for Admin Dave Marden MCSE 16 01-24-2004 12:47 PM



Advertisments