Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Guest network asks for proxy login & password -- Why?

Guest network asks for proxy login & password -- Why?

Mike Webb

Network is MS Small Business Server 2003 Premium, with ISA 2004 SP2 as the
firewall. internal NIC runs through a D-Link DES-3828 L2/L3 managed switch,
where I've setup 3 VLAN's - default, LAN and Guest. AP's are D-Link
DWL-2200AP's. I have a single AP working now while I troubleshoot the
others. This one is wired to the switch on Port 5; internal NIC is on Port
2. The AP has MSSID's and VLAN's enabled. Primary SSID has WPA2-Personal
authentication set, and is tied to VLAN 2 (which allows LAN access by tagged
ports on 2 and 5 and all otgher ports enabled). The other SSID is for Guests
and does NOT have authentication set., and is tied to VLAN 3 (which has
ports 2 and 5 tagged and all others set to Forbidden).

Problem: Guests using IE7 or Mozilla's Firefox are prompted by a login
window on access a webpage; this is for the proxy. They shouldn't be
prompted, so why would this be happening?

--
Mike Webb
Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc.