Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > List Box scrolling

List Box scrolling

arnabit@gmail.com

I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
are databound.
what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.

thanks in advance,
Arnab

Eliyahu Goldin

It's a pretty complex task. You need to have a very good understanding of
client-side events and programming. I doubt the effect is worth of effort.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
> owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
> are databound.
> what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
> also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.
>
> thanks in advance,
> Arnab

arnabit@gmail.com

On Sep 10, 5:58 pm, "Eliyahu Goldin"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It's a pretty complex task. You need to have a very good understanding of
> client-side events and programming. I doubt the effect is worth of effort.
>
> --
> Eliyahu Goldin,
> Software Developer
> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>

> >I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
> > owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
> > are databound.
> > what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
> > also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.

> > thanks in advance,
> > Arnab- Hide quoted text -

yaa i know it is a complex task,but i have to do this.can you tell me
a workaround ,its urgent..

Alexey Smirnov

On Sep 10, 2:58 pm, "Eliyahu Goldin"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It's a pretty complex task. You need to have a very good understanding of
> client-side events and programming. I doubt the effect is worth of effort.
>
> --
> Eliyahu Goldin,
> Software Developer
> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldinhttp://usableasp.net
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>

> >I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
> > owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
> > are databound.
> > what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
> > also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.

> > thanks in advance,
> > Arnab- Hide quoted text -

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...51d6c99933a338

SE.Computerguy

On Sep 10, 4:24 am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
> owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
> are databound.
> what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
> also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.
>
> thanks in advance,
> Arnab

Why not concatinate the strings together prior to loading the listbox
and using just one listbox?

something like this:
while(datareader.Read())
{
string name = datareader["reportOwnerColumn"]. ToString() + ": " +
datareader["reportNameColumn"]. ToString();
ListBox.Items.Add(new ListItem(name, SomeKeyValue.ToString()));
name=String.Empty();
}

Alexey Smirnov

On Sep 11, 5:01 pm, "SE.Computerguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 4:24 am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I have two listbox in a page in my website. one listbox contain report
> > owner name the other one contain the report name.. both the listbox
> > are databound.
> > what i wanted is that when i scroll one listbox the listbox should
> > also be scrolled and vice versa . please give a workaround.

> > thanks in advance,
> > Arnab

> Why not concatinate the strings together prior to loading the listbox
> and using just one listbox?
>
> something like this:
> while(datareader.Read())
> {
> string name = datareader["reportOwnerColumn"]. ToString() + ": " +
> datareader["reportNameColumn"]. ToString();
> ListBox.Items.Add(new ListItem(name, SomeKeyValue.ToString()));
> name=String.Empty();

a DataView control could be an option too