Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > c relation tool

c relation tool

sinbad

Hi,
Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
me if u know any of such tool..

thanks
sinbad

Maxim Yegorushkin

On Sep 10, 9:37 am, sinbad <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
> like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
> me if u know any of such tool..

Profilers can generate call graphs.
Try man gprof.

husterk

On Sep 10, 4:37 am, sinbad <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
> like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
> me if u know any of such tool..
>
> thanks
> sinbad

An old program (that I think you can still get for free) is called
CDOC. It provides you with a processed HTML output of your code that
details the call-graph (i.e. tree view) and other relevant
information.

Keith

Sheth Raxit

On Sep 10, 1:37 pm, sinbad <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
> like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
> me if u know any of such tool..

cflow, ctags, cscope will be useful, cflow is what exactly asking you.

> thanks
> sinbad

Sheth Raxit

On Sep 11, 9:53 am, Sheth Raxit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 1:37 pm, sinbad <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
> > like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
> > me if u know any of such tool..

> cflow, ctags, cscope will be useful, cflow is what exactly asking you.

Ok, all this are used during development or Source code analysis. i.e.
it is not giving you run time graph.if you are looking for Run-Time
which functions are being called, by which function someone already
answered your question here or if you want to anaylze small portion, i
would better suggest use any debugger.

-Raxit

user923005

On Sep 10, 1:37 am, sinbad <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
> like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
> me if u know any of such tool..

I kind of like this:
http://sourcenav.sourceforge.net/

Intel's profiler creates superb call graphs, when you tell it to
profile in that way.

Relation between Interface and Area for OSPF winds Cisco 1 02-10-2006 08:41 AM
MCPD in relation to MCSD =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFRhbGlhZG9yb3M=?= MCSD 9 02-06-2006 07:55 PM
Relation between Points & Pixels Rashmi Panduranga ASP .Net 2 05-17-2005 04:20 AM
Data Relation Help!!! Lerp ASP .Net 0 05-22-2004 07:13 PM
aspnet_wp.exe - relation heap mem to virtual memory Rob ASP .Net 0 08-01-2003 10:09 AM

Advertisments