Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > ASCII File

ASCII File

priya

hi frens
i am writing a VHDL test bench.i want to read a file in ASCII format.
Cann any one tell me if thr is any package available.

devices

"priya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> hi frens
> i am writing a VHDL test bench.i want to read a file in ASCII format.
> Cann any one tell me if thr is any package available.

Call the following function

Google("vhdl textio");

or call the following method

Google.searchFor("vhdl textio");

it will return what you need.

priya

thanx for ur reply
i m reading a file in ASCII format then have to convert it to
std_logic_vector
n write it back
is thr any function for this interconversion
like for int i know its conv_intteger()
but for char for string
is thr any
n in which library

devices wrote:
> "priya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> > hi frens
> > i am writing a VHDL test bench.i want to read a file in ASCII format.
> > Cann any one tell me if thr is any package available.
> >

> Call the following function
>
> Google("vhdl textio");
>
> or call the following method
>
> Google.searchFor("vhdl textio");
>
> it will return what you need.

devices

"priya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> thanx for ur reply
> i m reading a file in ASCII format then have to convert it to
> std_logic_vector
> n write it back
> is thr any function for this interconversion
> like for int i know its conv_intteger()
> but for char for string
> is thr any
> n in which library
>
> devices wrote:
> > "priya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> > > hi frens
> > > i am writing a VHDL test bench.i want to read a file in ASCII format.
> > > Cann any one tell me if thr is any package available.
> > >

> > Call the following function
> >
> > Google("vhdl textio");
> >
> > or call the following method
> >
> > Google.searchFor("vhdl textio");
> >
> > it will return what you need.

Bookmark this:

http://www.csee.umbc.edu/help/VHDL/stdpkg.html

Take a look at this:

http://www.csee.umbc.edu/help/VHDL/s...ic_textio.vhdl

And talking about conversions,

convert "ur", "i m", "n" and the threatening "thr" back
into their original form.