Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Facing problems with lex/bison

Facing problems with lex/bison

prashantkyal prashantkyal is offline
Junior Member

Hi ppl!
I am new to bison and lex. I have written a set of programs in lex and bison where yylex generated thru lex is used as an input in bison.
When I try to compile the files, the tab.c file generated thru bison is compiled successfully. But during the compilation of the file generated thru the lex starts I get the following error:

g++ -o obj/conf_parser.o -I/home/pkyal/WORK/SWAT/MMDSP/parser/test/devkit/libmmparser/obj -I/home/pkyal/WORK/SWAT/MMDSP/parser/devkit/libmmparser/include -Wno-deprecated -c obj/conf_parser.cpp
In file included from conf_parser.l:4:
conf_parser.y:130: syntax error before `*' token
conf_parser.y:131: syntax error before `*' token
conf_parser.y:132: syntax error before `*' token
conf_parser.y:133: syntax error before `*' token

the lines in cinf_parser.y as per the error are as follows:
126 %union {
127 int integer;
128 float float_ieee;
129 char* str;
130 YYLIST_T* list;
131 YYCORE_T* coretype;
132 YYBLOC_T* bloctype;
133 YYPARAM_T* paramtype;
134 }

I'm using YYLIST_T etc as datatypes that I wish to parse. I have typedef them in an included header.

Any suggestions as to what may be the possible error... a problem due to different version or somethng... bcoz I dont see any syntactic error in the code..