Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > can't get wireless to work on second computer

can't get wireless to work on second computer

=?Utf-8?B?QW5qYQ==?=

Hi,
I have a problem with our wireless network at home. We have a wireless
Broadband Router installed in the basement and I can't get wireless internet
connection on the computer in my room (both Windows XP). I opened the
wireless network connection wizard and clicked on "use a USB flash drive",
but there is always a error warning coming up: "an error occured while the
wizard was saving information to the flash drive. The device is not ready".
Is there just something wrong with the USB flash drive? It was working
before (before we moved).
Is there anything else I can try?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It is very easy to configure the Wireless manually and skip the USB Flash
drive.
Read the Wireless hardware manual.
In general.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Anja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have a problem with our wireless network at home. We have a wireless
> Broadband Router installed in the basement and I can't get wireless
> internet
> connection on the computer in my room (both Windows XP). I opened the
> wireless network connection wizard and clicked on "use a USB flash drive",
> but there is always a error warning coming up: "an error occured while the
> wizard was saving information to the flash drive. The device is not
> ready".
> Is there just something wrong with the USB flash drive? It was working
> before (before we moved).
> Is there anything else I can try?

Gordon

"Anja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have a problem with our wireless network at home. We have a wireless
> Broadband Router installed in the basement and I can't get wireless
> internet
> connection on the computer in my room (both Windows XP). I opened the
> wireless network connection wizard and clicked on "use a USB flash drive",
> but there is always a error warning coming up: "an error occured while the
> wizard was saving information to the flash drive. The device is not
> ready".
> Is there just something wrong with the USB flash drive? It was working
> before (before we moved).
> Is there anything else I can try?

I'm fascinated to know why a USB drive even figures in the setup for a
Wireless connection....

Barb Bowman

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u..._05june13.mspx

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Gordon

"Barb Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u..._05june13.mspx

Wow! When I added a WAP to my wired network, my wireless laptop just
errr....worked! (Apart from entering the WEP key......)