Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > X64 - BURNING SOFTWARE?

Reply
Thread Tools

X64 - BURNING SOFTWARE?

 
 
BENAGLIA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2007
Morning to you all!
Need ad advise on best burning software to use with my Vista X64 system,
Nero??.
Thanks for your advise

Andy


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Barnes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2007
Personally I have used Roxio EMC9 since it was released (now 10 is
available). Works great.

"BENAGLIA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Morning to you all!
> Need ad advise on best burning software to use with my Vista X64 system,
> Nero??.
> Thanks for your advise
>
> Andy
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Allan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2007

"BENAGLIA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Morning to you all!
> Need ad advise on best burning software to use with my Vista X64 system,
> Nero??.
> Thanks for your advise
>
> Andy
>
>

I have used NTI CD-maker 7 on 32-bit Windows XP and it generally works well
but occasionally causes some instability; it has caused system dump BSOD's
twice so far. I think it may happen when you try to access the CD too soon
after starting up the CD burner. I was given a complimentary version that
only works with Sony CD/DVD burners when I installed a new CD-r writer.
http://www.nticdmaker.com/main_cdmaker.htm .

 
Reply With Quote
 
Theo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2007
But, does it run on x64 - 64-bit Windows?

The web site does not indicate your suggestion runs on any
x64 system.

Software Requirements


* Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP


Allan wrote:
>
> I have used NTI CD-maker 7 on 32-bit Windows XP and it generally works
> well but occasionally causes some instability; it has caused system dump
> BSOD's twice so far. I think it may happen when you try to access the CD
> too soon after starting up the CD burner. I was given a complimentary
> version that only works with Sony CD/DVD burners when I installed a new
> CD-r writer. http://www.nticdmaker.com/main_cdmaker.htm .

 
Reply With Quote
 
XS11E
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2007
"BENAGLIA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Morning to you all!
> Need ad advise on best burning software to use with my Vista X64
> system, Nero??.


I was very happy with Nero but found it incredibly large with tons of
stuff I didn't need. Orginally, I had Nero Essentials which came with
a DVD burner I bought and it has everything I needed w/o all the stuff
I didn't.

I got a new PC and it came with Roxio Creator Basic 9 which I like even
better than Nero. It will burn CD/DVDs, ISO Images, LightScribe, Dual
Layer, etc. and has a label creator and nothing else!

Since Nero Essentials and Roxio Basic are OEM software I don't know if
you can get it or not but it's worth Googling around just to save the
HUGE overhead of the purchased version of Nero or Roxio.


--
XS11E, Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
S.SubZero
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2007
If you want something without much frills but also without any cost, I
recommend Deepburner (http://www.deepburner.com/). I installed the
free version on XP64 and it works flawlessly. The whole download is
2.73MB.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Piers James
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2007
http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/ has a 64bit version


"BENAGLIA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Morning to you all!
> Need ad advise on best burning software to use with my Vista X64 system,
> Nero??.
> Thanks for your advise
>
> Andy
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
miso@sushi.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2007
On Sep 9, 6:13 am, Theo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> But, does it run on x64 - 64-bit Windows?
>
> The web site does not indicate your suggestion runs on any
> x64 system.
>
> Software Requirements
>
> * Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP
>
> Allan wrote:
>
> > I have used NTI CD-maker 7 on 32-bit Windows XP and it generally works
> > well but occasionally causes some instability; it has caused system dump
> > BSOD's twice so far. I think it may happen when you try to access the CD
> > too soon after starting up the CD burner. I was given a complimentary
> > version that only works with Sony CD/DVD burners when I installed a new
> > CD-r writer.http://www.nticdmaker.com/main_cdmaker.htm.


Nero 7 "works" on X64, but it isn't native 64 bits. They just release
version 8, though the website doesn't indicate it is ready. However, I
saw it on the shelf at Fry's.

Don't you have some old 32 bit burner program to try on your 64 bit
system?

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2007
S.Subzero:
Speaking of freeware options, there's an x64 native burner program here:
http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/?page_id=5
Download link:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/i...4.zip?download
Just a mere 3 megs.
Carlos

"S.SubZero" wrote:

> If you want something without much frills but also without any cost, I
> recommend Deepburner (http://www.deepburner.com/). I installed the
> free version on XP64 and it works flawlessly. The whole download is
> 2.73MB.
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
KOOLER
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-10-2007
You don't really need native x64 application... Ordinary 32-bit ones
should work just fine! Also you can skip spending $50-100 on the
burning software. You should get OEM version with your burner (99%
probability)
and also there are tons of the free stuff in the Internet. You may
even take a look
at this one:

www.rocketdivision.com/starburn.html

Probably Nero can do more but at least we don't ask for your money

Good luck and happy burning!

Anton

BENAGLIA wrote:
> Morning to you all!
> Need ad advise on best burning software to use with my Vista X64 system,
> Nero??.
> Thanks for your advise
>
> Andy


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Burning data dvd's with xp pro x64 ? Skybuck Flying Windows 64bit 0 10-30-2009 06:20 AM
dual layer DVD burning in pro X64 Windows 64bit 6 10-28-2005 10:13 PM
re: re:dual layer DVD burning in pro X64 Windows 64bit 2 10-24-2005 03:40 PM
Upgrading x64 evaluation with full version of x64 prof? Daniel Herrmann Microsoft Certification 0 06-21-2005 08:10 PM
X64 trial to x64 full verion OEM =?Utf-8?B?TWFsY29sbQ==?= Windows 64bit 8 05-25-2005 04:31 PM



Advertisments