Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > asterisk genius help required: DTMF

asterisk genius help required: DTMF

Mr Man

Anyone out there know how to do this, or at least some of it please?:

The plan

Call comes into asterisk, message played to caller.

While message is playing another preset number is dialed and DTMF tones
are sent, preferably the CLI of the orignating call.

Need to get asterisk 'sendDTMF' working somehow - but i've not had much
luck so far: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+SendDTMF

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

alexd

Mr Man wrote:

> Anyone out there know how to do this, or at least some of it please?:
>
> The plan
>
> Call comes into asterisk, message played to caller.
>
> While message is playing another preset number is dialed and DTMF tones
> are sent, preferably the CLI of the orignating call.

So I presume you want something like this:

s,1,Answer()
s,n,Playback(mymessage)
s,n,Dial(ZAP/12345,D(${CALLERIDNUM}))

but of course you want the Dial() to happen whilst mymessage is playing, and
then have the two calls joined after the DTMF digits have been sent. To be
honest I think the above will get you 90% of the way there, without having
to resort to AGI. Your callers may notice a slight delay whilst it's
Dial()ing, but you could probably hide that with a bit of MOH trickery.

One thing the above doesn't take account of is whether or not 12345 is
available. Is it 100% likely to be available when needed?

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index....erisk+cmd+Dial

> Need to get asterisk 'sendDTMF' working somehow - but i've not had much
> luck so far: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+SendDTMF

Are you using vanilla Asterisk, or Trixbox or AsteriskNow or ...? If it's
vanilla Asterisk, I suggest putting NoOp() in every other line, and turning
up verbosity whilst watching call progress on the Asterisk console.

11:21:11 up 53 days, 17:07, 2 users, load average: 2.43, 2.04, 1.74
09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0

Mr Man

Thanks for that info.

I've now got what i wanted working.

s,1,Answer()
s,2,Playback(silence/2)
s,3,Playback(custom/pager)
s,4,Dial(SIP/07654XXXXXX@Provider,20,D(wwww**${CALLERIDNUM}**#) )

The above plays a message to the caller then dials a Pager and sends the
callers number by DTMF, adding ** to the start and end of the number -so
when it reaches the pager i know it's an automated message coming in in
this way.

brilliant!

Thanks