Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help finding a file, please!

Help finding a file, please!

AnnieMouse

Hi,

Years ago someone here told me where to find the Window Messenger file so I
could remove it or alter it so it wouldn't keep opening. Now, I'm having
trouble finding it. Anyone?

Thanks so much!

Hal Clark

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 00:30:49 +0000, AnnieMouse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Years ago someone here told me where to find the Window Messenger file so I
> could remove it or alter it so it wouldn't keep opening. Now, I'm having
> trouble finding it. Anyone?
>
> Thanks so much!

http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

Kenny

XP AntiSpy:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...PAntispy.shtml

--
Kenny Cargill

"AnnieMouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Z8HEi.26033$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> Hi,
>
> Years ago someone here told me where to find the Window Messenger file so
> I could remove it or alter it so it wouldn't keep opening. Now, I'm
> having trouble finding it. Anyone?
>
> Thanks so much!

Annie

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP AntiSpy:
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...PAntispy.shtml
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill

> "AnnieMouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Z8HEi.26033$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Years ago someone here told me where to find the Window Messenger file so
>> I could remove it or alter it so it wouldn't keep opening. Now, I'm
>> having trouble finding it. Anyone?

Thanks, Kenny and Hal! I wish I remembered where on C:\ the exe file was.
I was able to just re-name it and then it didn't work anymore.

Thanks again!