Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Sound and echoing

Sound and echoing

shelby_lynn shelby_lynn is offline
Junior Member
Location: Canada

A few things seem to not be working properly with sound on my computer. First, when I voice with someone it seems I need to keep mic. under volume controll in sound properties unmuted and apparently it is suposed to be muted. If I mute, sound doesn't work. Under properties, playback, mic. is checked, it is also checked under record. With these 2 checked I can use my mic in voice. Secondly, when I do voice and IF the person I voice with keys up when I do there is BAD echoing, worse than normal or than I have ever heard before. I reformated my pc about a month ago and figured maybe a setting isn't right but after checking again and again I can't see anything wrong. My sound card is Realtek AC97 Audio. Also if I am not using voice or playing any audio, I get feed back from my mic all the time such as if I make noise in the room the computer is in or if I hit the mic with my hand etc. so if I am not in voice or listening to music on here, I do have to click properties under sound and check the mute mic at the far right, then all is quiet untill I use voice again and key up on the mic only to see no one hears me......and I uncheck things.

Last edited by shelby_lynn; 09-08-2007 at 05:52 PM..