Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Some free utilities for Java, with Hebrew support.

Some free utilities for Java, with Hebrew support.

Mr. X.

Hello,
I am looking for some free utilities for Java, that supports other languages
then English
(I need utilities that support Hebrew).

1. Database (Is My-Sql good enough).
2. Report maker.
3. Code for reveal the result of formulas (should not be recrousive, but by
stack).

Thanks

Mr. X.

Also 4. Verison control (Like source safe).
The free utilities should be multi-platform
(so I can run them on linux nor windows).

Thanks

Luke Yan

Sat, 8 Sep 2007 19:31:09 +0300 ʱ, "Mr. X."
<no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> д:
--

>Hello,
>I am looking for some free utilities for Java, that supports other languages
>then English
>(I need utilities that support Hebrew).

1. Database (Is My-Sql good enough).
it is enough

2. Report maker.
JasperReports, http://www.jaspersoft.com/

>3. Code for reveal the result of formulas (should not be recrousive, but by
>stack).
>
>Thanks

/**
/* Java Is Not Platform-independent.It Is The Platform!
*/

David Segall

"Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I am looking for some free utilities for Java, that supports other languages
>then English
>(I need utilities that support Hebrew).
>
>1. Database (Is My-Sql good enough).

I have a list of free, full featured, databases at
<http://users.bigpond.net.au/DavidSegall/ee_freedbms.html>. Of this
list MySQL is the only one that may not be free. I'm sure IBM and
Oracle support Hebrew but I don't know about the rest.

nebulous99@gmail.com

On Sep 9, 2:58 am, David Segall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a list of free, full featured, databases at
> <http://users.bigpond.net.au/DavidSegall/ee_freedbms.html>. Of this
> list MySQL is the only one that may not be free.

Eh? I thought we recently had a thread here about MySQL being GPL when
parts of it ought to be LGPL. It doesn't get more free as in Free
Software Foundation than GPL.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sep 9, 2:58 am, David Segall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I have a list of free, full featured, databases at
>> <http://users.bigpond.net.au/DavidSegall/ee_freedbms.html>. Of this
>> list MySQL is the only one that may not be free.

> Eh? I thought we recently had a thread here about MySQL being GPL when
> parts of it ought to be LGPL. It doesn't get more free as in Free
> Software Foundation than GPL.

MySQL is definitely "free software" but that is not "free for everyone".

Arne

nebulous99@gmail.com

On Sep 9, 9:06 pm, Arne Vajhj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> MySQL is definitely "free software" but that is not "free for everyone".

???

Lew

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sep 9, 9:06 pm, Arne Vajhøj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> MySQL is definitely "free software" but that is not "free for everyone".

> ???

In other words, they make some people pay for it.

--
Lew

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sep 9, 9:06 pm, Arne Vajhj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> MySQL is definitely "free software" but that is not "free for everyone".

> ???

It is not free for those that want to distribute it embedded
in their non free solution.

Arne

nebulous99@gmail.com

On Sep 11, 12:59 am, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > On Sep 9, 9:06 pm, Arne Vajhj <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> MySQL is definitely "free software" but that is not "free for everyone".

> > ???

> In other words, they make some people pay for it.

It's GPL. Anyone can use it without paying, so long as they adhere to
the terms of the GPL and open source any derivative works.

For instance I can legally run a for-profit web site using a MySQL
DBMS at the back end and not pay; assuming the site doesn't distribute
binary-only modified copies of MySQL stuff at least. If it, say, sells
T-shirts with clever slogans like ThinkGeek or suchlike, it doesn't
run afoul of the GPL and it certainly doesn't require paying money to
legally use MySQL at the back end.

I don't see how your statement can be true other than in the narrow
case where the "some people" wish to make and distribute a closed-
source database system derived from MySQL, or at least something
closed-source that uses MySQL code. They'd have to either open source
whatever used the MySQL code or negotiate an exemption from MySQL's
copyright's holder. The latter might result in being granted
permission in exchange for a fee. But how common is that going to be
in practise?

Some java-like utilities? Bura Tino C++ 9 12-14-2004 11:05 PM
Free utilities nobody760 NZ Computing 28 09-30-2003 09:26 AM
Are there any free utilities to recover an accidentally deleted photo from a SmartMedia card? sm9 Digital Photography 12 08-14-2003 11:27 AM

Advertisments