Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > make my own TV remote control by JMF?

make my own TV remote control by JMF?

rf1976

Hi,
I'm looking for a method to establish a communication between PCI-TV
Card (Pinnacle) and Java Desktop application: for example, I'd like
change TV channel (like TV remote control) by my application written
in Java.
I've found information how to capture input media by JMF and how to
get digital extra-information by TV digital receiver and Java TVAPI,
but I haven't find how to create a simple TV remote control inside a
Java application (after that, I can easly manage my TV remote control
with my voice by speech recognition engine).
Thank's in advance.
Rob

Jeff Higgins

rf1976 wrote:
> Java application (after that, I can easly manage my TV remote control
> with my voice by speech recognition engine).

I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but, what speech recognition
software will you be using? I'd like to recognise several
obnoxious commercials and have the remote change
channels for me.
JH

ViswanathanM ViswanathanM is offline
Junior Member

how to access the tv remote using java programs? pls Help me