Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Borderless DropdownListBox/HTML Select on IE

Borderless DropdownListBox/HTML Select on IE

Evan Camilleri

I managed to remove the border round the textbox in ie/firefox but not the
dropdown list box in IE (in Firefox it works)

<select name="select" id="select" style="width:100%; border:0px" >
<option>Query Qry_Schedule</option>
</select>

This works in Firefox but not in IE ... any idea?

Evan

ThatsIT.net.au

I tried once before and couldn't do it, but you can make one using DHTML

"Evan Camilleri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eY5Dh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I managed to remove the border round the textbox in ie/firefox but not the
>dropdown list box in IE (in Firefox it works)
>
> <select name="select" id="select" style="width:100%; border:0px" >
> <option>Query Qry_Schedule</option>
> </select>
>
> This works in Firefox but not in IE ... any idea?
>

> Evan

Greg Barnett

Have you tried styling the select/drop down box in css? and applying it too
the box. You should be able to do it that way, although ive never attempted
to remove the border on a drop down box, you may not be able to remove the
border itself, but why not try change the border colour to whatever colour
your drop down box's background color is, will look as though it hasnt a
border then.

Greg

"ThatsIT.net.au" <me@thatsit> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I tried once before and couldn't do it, but you can make one using DHTML
>

> "Evan Camilleri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eY5Dh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I managed to remove the border round the textbox in ie/firefox but not the
>>dropdown list box in IE (in Firefox it works)
>>
>> <select name="select" id="select" style="width:100%; border:0px" >
>> <option>Query Qry_Schedule</option>
>> </select>
>>
>> This works in Firefox but not in IE ... any idea?
>>

>> Evan

marss

On 7 , 14:11, "Evan Camilleri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I managed to remove the border round the textbox in ie/firefox but not the
> dropdown list box in IE (in Firefox it works)
>
> <select name="select" id="select" style="width:100%; border:0px" >
> <option>Query Qry_Schedule</option>
> </select>
>
> This works in Firefox but not in IE ... any idea?

Give up. Unfortunately, it is impossible in IE.

Regards,
Mykola
http://marss.co.ua

Evan Camilleri

that's what i thought

"marss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On 7 , 14:11, "Evan Camilleri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I managed to remove the border round the textbox in ie/firefox but not
>> the
>> dropdown list box in IE (in Firefox it works)
>>
>> <select name="select" id="select" style="width:100%; border:0px" >
>> <option>Query Qry_Schedule</option>
>> </select>
>>
>> This works in Firefox but not in IE ... any idea?

> Give up. Unfortunately, it is impossible in IE.
>
> Regards,
> Mykola
> http://marss.co.ua

ThatsIT.net.au

"Greg Barnett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you tried styling the select/drop down box in css? and applying it
> too the box. You should be able to do it that way, although ive never
> attempted to remove the border on a drop down box, you may not be able to
> remove the border itself, but why not try change the border colour to
> whatever colour your drop down box's background color is, will look as
> though it hasnt a border then.

this all works on text boxs buttons and such, but not on drop downs

> Greg
>
> "ThatsIT.net.au" <me@thatsit> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I tried once before and couldn't do it, but you can make one using DHTML
>>

>> "Evan Camilleri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:eY5Dh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I managed to remove the border round the textbox in ie/firefox but not
>>>the dropdown list box in IE (in Firefox it works)
>>>
>>> <select name="select" id="select" style="width:100%; border:0px" >
>>> <option>Query Qry_Schedule</option>
>>> </select>
>>>
>>> This works in Firefox but not in IE ... any idea?
>>>

>>> Evan

Evan Camilleri

yes on firefox it works fine ..... on IE not
Have not tried it on others but i guess those are the 2 most used (???)

Evan

"ThatsIT.net.au" <me@thatsit> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Greg Barnett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Have you tried styling the select/drop down box in css? and applying it
>> too the box. You should be able to do it that way, although ive never
>> attempted to remove the border on a drop down box, you may not be able to
>> remove the border itself, but why not try change the border colour to
>> whatever colour your drop down box's background color is, will look as
>> though it hasnt a border then.

> this all works on text boxs buttons and such, but not on drop downs
>

>> Greg
>>
>> "ThatsIT.net.au" <me@thatsit> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I tried once before and couldn't do it, but you can make one using DHTML
>>>

>>> "Evan Camilleri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:eY5Dh$(E-Mail Removed)...

Greg Barnett

Nothings impossible
"Evan Camilleri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> that's what i thought
>
> "marss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> On 7 , 14:11, "Evan Camilleri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I managed to remove the border round the textbox in ie/firefox but not
>>> the
>>> dropdown list box in IE (in Firefox it works)
>>>
>>> <select name="select" id="select" style="width:100%; border:0px" >
>>> <option>Query Qry_Schedule</option>
>>> </select>
>>>
>>> This works in Firefox but not in IE ... any idea?

>> Give up. Unfortunately, it is impossible in IE.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mykola
>> http://marss.co.ua

Greg Barnett

Nothings impossible.
"Evan Camilleri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> that's what i thought
>
> "marss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> On 7 , 14:11, "Evan Camilleri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I managed to remove the border round the textbox in ie/firefox but not
>>> the
>>> dropdown list box in IE (in Firefox it works)
>>>
>>> <select name="select" id="select" style="width:100%; border:0px" >
>>> <option>Query Qry_Schedule</option>
>>> </select>
>>>
>>> This works in Firefox but not in IE ... any idea?

>> Give up. Unfortunately, it is impossible in IE.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mykola
>> http://marss.co.ua

marss

On 7 , 18:35, "Greg Barnett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Nothings impossible

Select element presents DropDownList control in HTML.
There is no border attribute or border style that can be applied to
select.

I do not deny that by means of other HTML elements you can create
something that looks like select element but it requires a lot of HTML
and javascript.
You can't specify border of select element.
I'll be happy to admit my error if you prove your point of view with
something more essential then Adidas's promotional slogan

Regards,
Mykola
http://marss.co.ua

I need a borderless window...help! trint ASP .Net 5 09-12-2005 07:15 PM
Borderless formatted Printing from ASP.NET Clint MacDonald ASP .Net 3 05-02-2005 09:37 AM
Borderless frames John Smith HTML 13 02-26-2004 11:37 AM
Borderless Printing Lynn Digital Photography 17 09-13-2003 02:17 PM
Canon i9100 Owners - borderless printing Roland Wooster Digital Photography 1 07-18-2003 07:04 AM

Advertisments