Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > gridview result back from detail page

gridview result back from detail page

Ganesh

Hi There,

I've a GridView contains hyperlink in each row. If user click that link it
will open another detail page with all information. After seeing the details
user can go back to search result by click back button of the internet. Is
there any better way to user can go back to sarch result.

details page also there are some postback i use for send email, so what
happens if user used send mail then click back button it will be in the same
page. Again user needs to click back 2 or more times depends how many
postback in the detail page. How can i avoid this.

Thanks
Ganesh

Ganesh,

Provide your own "Back" button - store the search criteria information in
the Session object when User clicks on Detail link.

When your search page loads (no postback), check whether search criteria is
stored in Sesssion, and re-apply it before displaying the page.

You can either clear or update the criteria every time a search button is
pressed, - then search page will either remember the search before calling
the detail page or always "remember" the last performed search.