Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Networking

Networking

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF0YW1hcms=?=

I am setting up a small busness linksys wireless netwok and I cant get it to
share files and printers.The (server,the one with the router is running xp
home but one of the computers in the loop is running xp pro,could this be
causing my problem?yhay are all sharing the internet connection but cant see
anything else.I have run onlind diag.wit linksys that repaird a bridge but
other then that they tested fine.PLEASE HELP.datamark

Malke

datamark wrote:

> I am setting up a small busness linksys wireless netwok and I cant get
> it to share files and printers.The (server,the one with the router is
> running xp home but one of the computers in the loop is running xp
> pro,could this be causing my problem?yhay are all sharing the internet
> connection but cant see anything else.I have run onlind diag.wit
> linksys that repaird a bridge but other then that they tested
> fine.PLEASE HELP.datamark

Run through the following network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg
Michna. In addition, here are some links to information that will help
you with your sharing:

http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by
Hans-Georg Michna

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ilesharing.htm (Home)
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ring/index.htm
(Pro)

Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

Wireless Information
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServ...w/wififaq.mspx
(even though this is for Server, it has excellent information not only
for Server)

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP

And don't forget to make sure you've secured your wireless network. You
don't want somebody from the outside world getting in on your business
network.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Carey Holzman

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey

"datamark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am setting up a small busness linksys wireless netwok and I cant get it
> share files and printers.The (server,the one with the router is running xp
> home but one of the computers in the loop is running xp pro,could this be
> causing my problem?yhay are all sharing the internet connection but cant
> see
> anything else.I have run onlind diag.wit linksys that repaird a bridge but
> other then that they tested fine.PLEASE HELP.datamark

Jack

Hi

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm
>
> Carey
>
> "datamark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am setting up a small busness linksys wireless netwok and I cant get it
> > share files and printers.The (server,the one with the router is running

xp
> > home but one of the computers in the loop is running xp pro,could this

be
> > causing my problem?yhay are all sharing the internet connection but cant
> > see
> > anything else.I have run onlind diag.wit linksys that repaird a bridge

but
> > other then that they tested fine.PLEASE HELP.datamark

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuZGVl?=

Carey,
Thank you once again for a great site and tips. THIS TIME I was finally able
to get my wireless network to work...just one small problem with the printer
access but I'm sure I'll have it fixed in no time.
This site that you have provided did the trick.
Many thanks
Donna/ aka Dandee

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm
>
> Carey
>
> "datamark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am setting up a small busness linksys wireless netwok and I cant get it
> > share files and printers.The (server,the one with the router is running xp
> > home but one of the computers in the loop is running xp pro,could this be
> > causing my problem?yhay are all sharing the internet connection but cant
> > see
> > anything else.I have run onlind diag.wit linksys that repaird a bridge but
> > other then that they tested fine.PLEASE HELP.datamark

Carey Holzman

My pleasure. Thanks for letting me know and please sign my guestbook at
www.careyholzman.com (the link is in the lower-left corner)

Thanks!
Carey

news:(E-Mail Removed)...