Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Re: Deleting names from Skype login window dropdown list

Re: Deleting names from Skype login window dropdown list

Nathan Webb

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:09:51 -0000, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>> That shouldn't happen. Did you select "Remove From Contacts"?
>> --
>> Thoss
>>
>> [To reply, replace * with . in Reply-To address]

> No, this is not a contacts issue. I am talking about the Skype login
> where you have a dropdown of all names that have used Skype on that
> computer, and I'd like to clear that.

Hey, I have the same damn problem! It has nothing to do with the contacts
as it's ME that I'm trying to delete. Or prior me's as the case may be.

How the hell do we delete prior login names from the Skype login window?

I don't want my kids finding the names I use but the damn thing shows them
up there for the whole world to see. Geeeeezus!

Isnt' there a way to delete these prior login names?

Alex

Nathan Webb wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:09:51 -0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> Isnt' there a way to delete these prior login names?

Haven't tried it, 'cause I just have one user, but you might look at:

C:\Documents and Settings\_YOUR_PC_USER_NAME_\Application Data\Skype

In there it appears there are directories for each account. And a file named
shared.xml whose contents may be used to put names in the list.

I'd simply move the account directories somewhere else and remove references to
them from shared.xml and see what happens. Of course, this would be done when
Skype was fully shut down!

laura fairhead

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:17:59 GMT, Nathan Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:09:51 -0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>> That shouldn't happen. Did you select "Remove From Contacts"?
>>> --
>>> Thoss
>>>
>>> [To reply, replace * with . in Reply-To address]

>> No, this is not a contacts issue. I am talking about the Skype login
>> where you have a dropdown of all names that have used Skype on that
>> computer, and I'd like to clear that.

>Hey, I have the same damn problem! It has nothing to do with the contacts
>as it's ME that I'm trying to delete. Or prior me's as the case may be.
>
>How the hell do we delete prior login names from the Skype login window?
>
>I don't want my kids finding the names I use but the damn thing shows them
>up there for the whole world to see. Geeeeezus!

If you are bothered about other users of the same machine viewing personal
information then the simple, clean solution would be simply to get another
machine for your own personal use (lock down/ lock away whilst absent from site)

#l

>Isnt' there a way to delete these prior login names?

--
echo (E-Mail Removed) |sed 's/\(.\)\(.\)/\2\1/g'

Krazee Brenda

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:17:59 GMT, Nathan Webb wrote:

> Hey, I have the same damn problem! It has nothing to do with the contacts
> as it's ME that I'm trying to delete.

Suicideware

> Or prior me's as the case may be.

Schizophreniaware.
--
John "Condom" Corliss called me a troll. !!
http://tinyurl.com/2dympt

marcus@myrealbox.com

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:17:59 GMT, Nathan Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How the hell do we delete prior login names from the Skype login window?
>
>I don't want my kids finding the names I use but the damn thing shows them
>up there for the whole world to see. Geeeeezus!

Go into REGEDIT on your computer and create this registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone]
"MemoryOnly"=dword:00000001

Hope this helps.

regards
Marcus Williamson
Connectotel
http://www.connectotel.com/

grummanf6f@hotmail.com

> Go into REGEDIT on your computer and create this registry key:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone]
> "MemoryOnly"=dword:00000001
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> regards
> Marcus Williamson
> Connectotelhttp://www.connectotel.com/

So I guess the deletion of the named folder in the Application Data /
Skype folder does the trick once, but editing the HKEY will take out
the listing of names permanently? Thanks!

I deleted the folder and am happy now, no need to do the registry bit.

mathewadur@gmail.com

On Sep 11, 5:26 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> > Go into REGEDIT on your computer and create this registry key:

> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Skype\Phone]
> > "MemoryOnly"=dword:00000001

> > Hope this helps.

> > regards
> > Marcus Williamson
> > Connectotelhttp://www.connectotel.com/

> So I guess the deletion of the named folder in the Application Data /
> Skype folder does the trick once, but editing the HKEY will take out
> the listing of names permanently? Thanks!
>
> I deleted the folder and am happy now, no need to do the registry bit.

Hey, I have the same damn problem! It has nothing to do with the
contacts
as it's XP P that I'm trying to delete. Or prior me's as the case may
be.

How the hell do we delete prior login names from the Skype login
window?

marcus@myrealbox.com

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:26:00 -0000, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>editing the HKEY will take out
>the listing of names permanently?

Yep!