Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How Change Default Viewer for Pictures?

How Change Default Viewer for Pictures?

Cookie Cutter

When I installed Adobe Photoshop, it assigned itself to become my
default viewer for all images. It takes a long time to load and display
an image. I would like to return to the Microsoft viewer (can't even
remember its name) or even use ZoomBrowser EX that came with my Canon
Camera -- it pops up instantly.

Can anyone point me to where the default image/picture viewer is set so
I can change it?

Thanks,
Lana

ftran999

"Cookie Cutter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46df1f4e$0$17150$(E-Mail Removed)...

> When I installed Adobe Photoshop, it assigned itself to become my default
> viewer for all images. It takes a long time to load and display an image.
> I would like to return to the Microsoft viewer (can't even remember its
> name) or even use ZoomBrowser EX that came with my Canon Camera -- it pops
> up instantly.
>
> Can anyone point me to where the default image/picture viewer is set so I
> can change it?
>
> Thanks,
> Lana

Right click on the thumbnail of the any image. On the submenu left click on
properties. The general tab should be selected, if not select it. A bit
down it should say "opens with" ( in your case it will probably says Adobe
Photoshop). Click on the button that says change. Click on the program you
want to use such as MS Picture and Fax Viewer or ZoomBrowser EX. Make sure
"always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is check at the
bottom. Click OK. Click Apply then OK.

Hope this helps.

Cookie Cutter

ftran999 wrote:

> Right click on the thumbnail of the any image. On the submenu left click on
> properties. The general tab should be selected, if not select it. A bit
> down it should say "opens with" ( in your case it will probably says Adobe
> Photoshop). Click on the button that says change. Click on the program you
> want to use such as MS Picture and Fax Viewer or ZoomBrowser EX. Make sure
> "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is check at the
> bottom. Click OK. Click Apply then OK.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thank You!!! It works.

Lana

Alfred

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:46:22 -0400, "ftran999" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Cookie Cutter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:46df1f4e$0$17150$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> When I installed Adobe Photoshop, it assigned itself to become my default
>> viewer for all images. It takes a long time to load and display an image.
>> I would like to return to the Microsoft viewer (can't even remember its
>> name) or even use ZoomBrowser EX that came with my Canon Camera -- it pops
>> up instantly.
>>
>> Can anyone point me to where the default image/picture viewer is set so I
>> can change it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lana

>Right click on the thumbnail of the any image. On the submenu left click on
>properties. The general tab should be selected, if not select it. A bit
>down it should say "opens with" ( in your case it will probably says Adobe
>Photoshop). Click on the button that says change. Click on the program you
>want to use such as MS Picture and Fax Viewer or ZoomBrowser EX. Make sure
>"always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is check at the
>bottom. Click OK. Click Apply then OK.
>
>Hope this helps.

Or she could download irfanview http://www.irfanview.com/ and use that
instead of the microsoft offering. Much better and handles more file
formats. Free too