Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > MDL - A Site For Monitoring Domains Hosting Or Directing Users To Malware

MDL - A Site For Monitoring Domains Hosting Or Directing Users To Malware

John C

Hello everybody,

This message is being posted to alt.computer.security and
comp.security.misc, if you're browsing these groups you more than likely
have an interest in internet security. Whether it is by profession or
something you do in your spare time. Malware is a large problem, it
affects all kinds of users. There is now a website which tries to keep
an updated list of domains which either host, or direct users to malware.

http://www.malwaredomainlist.com

Aimed generally at more of a technical audience than your average
security website. The content is targeted to a specific area of security.
With that said all users are welcome. Whether you are there to learn or
there to share your knowledge you will be welcomed. So why not take a
moment, and say hello to us on the forum.

http://www.malwaredomainlist.com/forums/index.php

Thanks,

John C.

CJ24

"John C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns99A2D77E861A2noemailaddresscom@80.5.182.99 ...
> Hello everybody,
>
> This message is being posted to alt.computer.security and
> comp.security.misc, if you're browsing these groups you more than likely
> have an interest in internet security. Whether it is by profession or
> something you do in your spare time. Malware is a large problem, it
> affects all kinds of users. There is now a website which tries to keep
> an updated list of domains which either host, or direct users to malware.

This is already taken care of if you do some research. Go to google and try
"hosts list".
You're a good few years behind already!

John C

"CJ24" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:fbsc0r$nst$(E-Mail Removed):

> "John C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns99A2D77E861A2noemailaddresscom@80.5.182.99 ...
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> This message is being posted to alt.computer.security and
>> comp.security.misc, if you're browsing these groups you more than
>> likely have an interest in internet security. Whether it is by
>> profession or something you do in your spare time. Malware is a large
>> problem, it affects all kinds of users. There is now a website
>> which tries to keep an updated list of domains which either host, or
>> direct users to malware.
>>

> This is already taken care of if you do some research. Go to google
> and try "hosts list".
> You're a good few years behind already!

Hi, it is a list of malicious domains/IP, but isn't intended for use as a
host list. It is for use as a reference point on active malware, what
sites are currently online and what they're serving. Plus it seems most
host lists generally only add domains they don't remove dead ones, this
could be good for if the domain comes back online. But if it doesn't
which most of the time it wont, the list just keeps getting bigger and
bigger. Some of them are huge, and contain a lot of genuine sites which
may have been hacked and are now fixed.

So I guess one of the major differences is that I am trying to keep this
list as dynamic as possible. I am trying to give some useful information
about the domain/ip such as what it is serving, irc bot/worm/exploits
etc.. Would like to give as much information as possible, but it all
comes down to what information people want from the list. It was
originally intended to have the name of the registrar and the hosting
company, but sadly I haven't had time to add this information. Also would
be nice to put the registrants name. Of course we are limited by the size
of the table, unless of course we just allow it to stretch, or wrap quite
a lot. But trying to keep it tidy is an issue too.

We could possibly offer extended information, meaning just keep basic
information on the list, and then the domain name/ip would actually be a
link to a page with additional information. This may be more useful to
people I feel. At the moment the site is reasonably new, and all
suggestions criticisms are welcome.

Thanks.

Simulink MDL to HDL Code RashidY VHDL 0 04-23-2007 02:35 AM
Directing Domains Andrew Bonney \(abweb\) ASP .Net Building Controls 1 11-17-2004 09:42 PM
Directing Domains Andrew Bonney \(abweb\) ASP .Net Web Controls 1 11-17-2004 09:37 PM
Directing Domains Andrew Bonney \(abweb\) ASP .Net 2 11-16-2004 08:07 PM

Advertisments