Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > IEEE-754

IEEE-754

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roman_T=F6ngi?=

How can I set the status word and control word for the
IEEE-754 Standard. (e.g. setting the rounding mode).

This is compiler-dependant, is it?

So, my compiler is required to use the IEEE-Standard
and I have to look up with the compiler, is this correct?

Thx

Tim Prince

Roman Töngi wrote:
> How can I set the status word and control word for the
> IEEE-754 Standard. (e.g. setting the rounding mode).
>
> This is compiler-dependant, is it?
>
> So, my compiler is required to use the IEEE-Standard
> and I have to look up with the compiler, is this correct?

C99 defines optional functions fegetround(), fesetround(). I've
never seen them used.
As Google search shows, gsl and netbsd provide such utilities.
Otherwise, it's sometimes done directly by embedded asm.
Certain compilers initialize precision mode silently, without
documenting it.