Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Avast

Avast

Richard

Has anyone been woke up at 2:30 in the morning from this anti-virus software
though your computer speakers?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Richard wrote:
> Has anyone been woke up at 2:30 in the morning from this anti-virus
> software though your computer speakers?

Not me.

Gregg

Richard wrote:
> Has anyone been woke up at 2:30 in the morning from this anti-virus
> software though your computer speakers?

No I haven't, but I was woken up one time when my CPU fan died and I was
overheating. I didn't know what the hell was going on at the time or
where the alarm was coming from. I would check overheating first. I have
never heard of antivirus and an audible alarm in the middle of the night.

tom

Richard wrote:
> Has anyone been woke up at 2:30 in the morning from this anti-virus
> software though your computer speakers?

I turn off speakers at night.

udz2002

On Sep 4, 6:25 am, "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Has anyone been woke up at 2:30 in the morning from this anti-virus software
> though your computer speakers?

Yes, scares the crap out of you. You should be able to disable it in
Windows Sounds settings and probably inside Avast also. I turn my
speakers off at night also.

Steve Wolstenholme

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 07:31:26 -0500, "tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Richard wrote:
>> Has anyone been woke up at 2:30 in the morning from this anti-virus
>> software though your computer speakers?

>I turn off speakers at night.

I turn all my PC's off at night.

Steve

--
Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

http://www.easynn.com

ded

news:7gbDi.30869$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone been woke up at 2:30 in the morning from this anti-virus
> software though your computer speakers?

No, your anti-virus software has never tried to communicate with me
through my speakers.

Ponder

Hiya Richard.

In <news:7gbDi.30869$(E-Mail Removed)> you wrote:

> Has anyone been woke up at 2:30 in the morning from this anti-virus software
> though your computer speakers?

No. My computers are downstairs and I sleep upstairs

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

old man

No, my AV would'nt be so rude

FF and Avast Big Will Firefox 1 04-18-2005 08:49 PM
IE/Avast against Netscape/Mozilla problem Rg HTML 4 08-15-2004 12:20 PM
Avast with proxomitron Jim Scott Computer Support 2 06-02-2004 08:19 PM
AVAST Scottie Computer Support 6 02-11-2004 04:48 PM
pausing Avast PL+CL Computer Support 2 11-04-2003 09:45 PM

Advertisments