Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > .NET 2 problems

.NET 2 problems

riyaz.mansoor@gmail.com

Hi. Please help

1) In DetailsView, BoundField has ReadOnly property which excludes the
field in update commands. Whats the equivalent in TemplateField?
Currently I'm getting a method signature error as its looking for
fields1, fields2 which I want to exclude from the Update command.

2) I want to access the data row to be bound to the DetailsView. I
will be using it to include custom buttons and user actions depending
on the data contained in the row. How to do this? There HAS got to be
a better way than .Rows(i).Cell(j)! Especially since formatting can
change the cell value from the datasource value.

Thanks
Riyaz